HELP!!! my momo air leather steering wheel is fading in color

This is a discussion on HELP!!! my momo air leather steering wheel is fading in color within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; As the title says ... my 04 with 27000 miles on it has a problem...!!! my momo steering wheel (air ...

HELP!!! my momo air leather steering wheel is fading in color

As the title says ... my 04 with 27000 miles on it has a problem...!!!

my momo steering wheel (air leather parts) are fading ...im talking about the shiny porus leather between the regualr leather on the wheel.

im really pissed off about this as i have used meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner wipes every week to prevent this from happening ...all of a sudden there are these faded marks on the wheel where the shiny porus air leather has started to fade.

Will this be covered under warranty since the car still has 27000 miles on it?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Err....I think that many of the leather wipes on the market aren't actually good for leather. They clean yes....but many also then to dry out the leather. This is likely the problem with your leather. I don't know why the steering really needs cleaning unless your hands are often dirty...but anyways, you should try getting a non slippery leather conditioner(cream not those all in one clean/conditioner wipes). If the colour doesn't come back by use of proper conditioner, you might have to get conditioner with black dye in it.

since you are under 30k miles ....take it to the dealer, they should replace it.

they replaced the steering wheel on my 02 a few months ago bc it was coming unraveled (sp?)