2005 Cabin Air filter photos

This is a discussion on 2005 Cabin Air filter photos within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just an FYI. I took the glovebox off to get a look at the filter. I was underwhelmed and may ...

Exclamation 2005 Cabin Air filter photos

Just an FYI. I took the glovebox off to get a look at the filter. I was underwhelmed and may go the DIY filter arrangement. I understand why they don't have filter surround supports to port and starboard (so you can wiggle it in past the superstructure) but it _could_ be a better fit all around for sealing purposes.
    I did shake the thing out pretty thoroughly, realizing I couldn't get the microscopics out. I've had it 6+ months and it looks like it needs changing. I guess the 90 days that others advise is on the money. I hear the 2005 filter is a different unit and more expensive. Phooey. 3M Filtrete® here I come. Just find the right size to get the best cutdown and maybe a taping of the surround. I'd love to hear SOA's reasons why their unit is _that_ much more superior.

Happy Independance Day America!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P7033637.jpg   P7033638.jpg   P7033639.jpg   P7033640.jpg   P7033643.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the cabin filter stock on WRX's? I don't know if my car has one.

It isn't stock AFAIK. Newby Warning: This has been discussed in other threads, but I wanted to note any changes from previous years. This does happen, ya know.

BTW- The relay image I included is there because I can't find the DRL relay identified in photos from older WRXs. I'm thinking of pulling the blue one to see what happens.