sub help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on sub help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok i give up i went speaker shoping today and i came to the sad realization that i have to ...

sub help

ok i give up i went speaker shoping today and i came to the sad realization that i have to take up some trunk space to get the heart pounding bass i need. However i need the most trunk space possible. So my question is pretty simple i need a sub that is cheep, with a amp *also cheep* that puts out good bass for the price and it needs to take up the least amount of space possible. well thx for your help guys!
    " Burton is like sex in the snow, only board shaped and not as cold" - Lizz ----

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used to have 2 12" Power Acoustik subs. They didn't make an insane amount of bass but they were decent for the price and they sounded good. Best Buy has package deals once in a while for Power Acoustik that are cheap.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

One word Ebay!!!

Yea ebay has good stuff but you have to be careful some people might not have the right air space and beat the hell outa those speakers and they might not be worth a ****. Well depends on how much bass you want the more u want the more u have to sacrafice. Walmarts lightning audio with a box and amp is like 200 bucks, Its not like compitetion 12's or 10's but it sounds good. Bazooka tubes look chezy if u walk buy but for a damn 8 inside they hit pretty hard get 2 bt's with 10's inside and it would sound good but that would be around 400 bucks. Go to an audio store and tell them your problum. But if you dont mind gettin a box for 10's then sony explodes hit hard and as do kicker comp vr. Rember 10's are louder than 12's but 12's hit harder.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

yep... just rmemeber if you find a cheap sub.. get a good amp.. because the amp will make your sub... i mean some subs sound better then others.. but the amp will make the sub sound incredible or crap... some amp brands are better then others.. and rmemeber if you can if your goood enougeh with wood make your own box you will save yourself some money... but make it to specs.. and if you want a lot of bass make a ported box i have sealed but thats because i listen to a lot of different music... DONT EVER GET BANDPASS... they are crap you can not hear the distortion of the sub.

Well I never meant you had to buy used, but if you find a good deal then go for it. I know there are awesome deals on new stuff too. I just bought my girl a 12" PG octane R for 40 bucks brand new. Pretty good deal IMO. Also I always thought that 10's hit harder/cleaner, but 12's were louder/project more.

sorry im a noob when it comes to subs is it true you have to go all the way to the battery for power what about lower power amps my friend said you can use the cigarette lighter's power for lower wattage amps like ones in smaller bazooka tubes *150 watt* is that true or do i have to get to the battery?
    " Burton is like sex in the snow, only board shaped and not as cold" - Lizz ----

Well I doubt any "GOOD" setup can be run to the ciggarette lighter. I would just have it run to the battery. Its not that hard. I just ran it back to the fire wall, then behind the A/C lines then poked it in though the wire harness plug in the fire wall. Its down and to the left of the A/C lines

spendthe extra few dollars to get power and ground wires to go to the battery, And a inline fuse. Dont use excessive wire use only the right length. Its not hard to run them. Go threw the firewall down under the carpet (where u cant feel it) around the doory jam area. but get the right gauge wires for it.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

But if you go throught the jam you can see if if you open the door. I would go throught the fire wall and lay it under the carpet way on the side under the sills. Not hard to do.

would it be worth the money to have like best buy install it and how much would it cost?

If you are unsure of yourself then it wouldnt hurt. I am not sure about the cost tho. I wouldnt imagine anymore than like 40 bucks or somethin. I know most places charge about 50 bucks for a deck install, and I would think amp wiring would be less time consuming hence a lower price.

allright sounds good i did my own deck and in car speakers that was easy but getting wire to the battery seems a bit over my head correct me if im wrong but i cant seem to find any easy way w/o making a hole in the firewall so i don know im thinking about going to best buy like on tues or something.

honestly dont go to bets buyt o install anything.. in your car maybe the head unit.. but i have been workign with not really workign at a car audio installerion company for about 2 yrs and many peoepl who get their stuff done at best buy or circuit city take it back to us to get it redone

ok thx for the info how much would a pro audio place charge to do it? i just want a 8 inch bazooka tube installed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast