speaker question

This is a discussion on speaker question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok guys im thinking about buying massive audio speakers for my wrx and im wondering which ones you recommend for ...

speaker question

ok guys im thinking about buying massive audio speakers for my wrx and im wondering which ones you recommend for max bass w/o a sub because i need the trunk room.
    " Burton is like sex in the snow, only board shaped and not as cold" - Lizz ----

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you mean you just want to replace the factory speakers or add woofers in the trunk? If you want to get bass out of the door speakers, you're kind of limited. The doors don't offer much space to resonate bass. Even if you did get some good bass from the door speakers, there would be some rattling. If you want bass out of say, 6.5" speakers, you could custom mount them in the rear deck so they would have all the trunk to resonate the bass. 6.5" might fit...I put 5.25" in there without a problem.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake