speakers grounding on door
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on speakers grounding on door within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my after market speakers keep grounding out on the door.. i have the wood spacer for the back and i ...

speakers grounding on door

my after market speakers keep grounding out on the door.. i have the wood spacer for the back and i have the front speakers just screwed into the door ever since i put the backs in they have been cutting out once ina while. now i put a alpine head unit in and no sound at all. how do you mount after market speaker with out them grounding out?
    Stage 4 vf30 powered 2005 wrx gone

Now = 07 White TR with 377awhp 385awtq 20g sl2 precision tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

for some reason i dont want to believe your ground is grounding out.. because you can have as uch ground as you want.. it migth be your power wire touching ground or so .. but if you have a wood spacer int he back of the speaker that should be good.. there might be a pinched line... if not i woul dget those wire connection covers or something that go over the adaptor...

Maybe the sheet metal in the car has worn through your wiring at some point? Can you pull your wires and inspect them?

the speaker some how was grounding on the door as soon as i took them off the door they worked so i zip tied the *****es to the spacer and everything works fine now thanks
    Stage 4 vf30 powered 2005 wrx gone

Now = 07 White TR with 377awhp 385awtq 20g sl2 precision tuned

Yeah, I know with the IA spacers, their directions tell you that you may want to put a strip of electrical tape on the sheet meal by the speaker terminals. I had to bend my terminals back a bit so they wouldn't touch. Glad u figured it out.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.