Wierd speaker problem

This is a discussion on Wierd speaker problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i have an 04 with a stock sound system. And i have an ipod. I dont like the FM ...

Wierd speaker problem

So i have an 04 with a stock sound system. And i have an ipod. I dont like the FM tuner thing, so i use a tape adapter meant for cars w/ no cd player. Usually works fine. But most of the time now, my front passenger door speaker will either not play, be very staticy, or play fine. It usually starts off not playing, then goes to static, then plays fine, then it might decide to go back to static, or stop working at all. This ONLY happens when playing my ipod thru the tape adapter. Any suggestions, i think its probably my tape adapter, but if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the problem you have is from the Mini Phono plug that plugs intot he ipod.. the wire canbecome crimped and not be able to gett connection enough.. it is a common problem with the tape adaptors...