Air Noise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Air Noise within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I noticed that my driver's side window makes some whistling noise when i'm on the highway. I only heard it ...

Air Noise

I noticed that my driver's side window makes some whistling noise when i'm on the highway. I only heard it because i had the radio turned off. Is there any way to correct this or should i take it back to the dealer to look at? It only has 700 miles on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    '02 WRX/STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine does it too. It's very quiet though. I think it might be some turbulence coming off the mirror or something. The mirrors make a lot of noise when you go over 135.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

Try rolling down the window and squeezing the 'triangles' that the side mirror is attached to together. This comes straight from my subaru tech...
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

yea mines been doing it for the past 2K miles, and its getting worse...i'm gonna try that pinching of the triangle and see what happens 'cause rolling the window down and back up again is becoming a hassle

This happened to my bro's wagon. When he called the dealer they said that they knew exactly what to do since their have been many people complaining and servicing their cars for this reason. If you want, I can ask the service department what exactly they did to remedy this...

yea that would be nice, see if its different from the "triangle" method...thanks

I'm interested in this as well, I've had problems with mine for a few months, I used to be able to roll the window down a bit and back up and it would go away but now it just makes it a little less noticable. I'm pretty sure there is something loose in the door, cause it started sqealing when I put it up and down too and the air leak has gotton worse with time. I wish I could take it to the dealer to fix it but I can't be without my car. Let me know what you guys find out.-James

Hey at least it will keep the deer's away!
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

tried the squeezing of the rubber triangle part of the window...and... DIDN'T DO ****...hehe...so any input from that suby tech and what he did would be really nice...

haha its worse, and i have a creaking noise which i think might be the strut...i'm like 100 miles over due my oil change, but since i probably won't be driving it until friday i'll take it in then and have them check out the strut and driver side window

Let us know what they do to fix it if you can-James

Air Noise

Thanks for all the input. Glad to see im not the only one with the problem. Yeah, well_armed, if you could find out that would be great. I might just take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. I'm also having trouble with the trunk latch being too tight. I might as well have them adjust that for me as well.
    '02 WRX/STi

Chaplin's Bellevue Subaru 15000 SE Eastgate Way Bellevue, WA 98007
    Phone 425-641-2002 Fax 425-641-6675

Sorry guys, I have been real busy and I dont have time to call, and my bro isnt answering his cell. Here is the dealerships number if you want to contact the service department.
    D

DAMNIT...they're way too busy today so the appointment is for friday of next week....ANOTHER WEEK...so i'll keep you guys posted for the air noise fixture and my strut too...

make sure the rubber around the door is on good, when my car came out of the body shop i was hearing wind noise, all it was, was the rubber around the door wasn't pushed on good, if you bump into it sometimes it pops out a little

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast