Can you get the a pillar pod to match?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can you get the a pillar pod to match? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My a pillar is like a cream ivory color. I can't find anywhere that has the a pillar pod to ...

Can you get the a pillar pod to match?

My a pillar is like a cream ivory color. I can't find anywhere that has the a pillar pod to match. Do you guys know of anywhere?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Can you get the a pillar pod to match?

Originally posted by joe_white
    My a pillar is like a cream ivory color. I can't find anywhere that has the a pillar pod to match. Do you guys know of anywhere?
    buy it in black and paint it yourself or keep it black.....i kept mine black.....
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

You have pics? How does it look?

I have the autometer phantom boost gauge....i'm planning on getting the autometer egt gauge. Do you know of a good place to get it from?

here is mine...also i didn't take keep my old pillar on or cut it either i installed it with just the replacement pillar....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jan03-22.jpg  
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

what do you mean you didn't keep your old pillar? Also how much did you pay for the pillar pod? One place wants $59 for it. That seems high.

i think my full pillar dual guage pod was 49.99 from summit racing
    i got the shift light pillar and boost gauge all from summit check them out they have great prices. A lot of people cut the stock pillar and attach the new one with it but NO not me i took the old on out and put the new one in.....there is a metal bar or beem so to speak that's under the stock on and the bottom fits in snug and then double sided sticky tape over the bar and it attachs to the new pod or you can drill through the pod and the bar...up to you
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Man i was reading on summit and it says that you have to secure the pillar pod on with double sided tape. When i mounted the pillar pod in my cavalier it looked really nice and was secure. This sounds kind of ghetto to me. I'm getting worried. I mean having to cut a metal bar, sticking the pod to the pillar and not even getting it color matched. What other options do i have? I want the boost and egt gauge but i can do without the egt if i have to. I'm almost tempted to go order the stock column mount gauge and be done with it.

Man i was reading on summit and it says that you have to secure the pillar pod on with double sided tape. When i mounted the pillar pod in my cavalier it looked really nice and was secure. This sounds kind of ghetto to me. I'm getting worried. I mean having to cut a metal bar, sticking the pod to the pillar and not even getting it color matched. What other options do i have? I want the boost and egt gauge but i can do without the egt if i have to. I'm almost tempted to go order the stock column mount gauge and be done with it.
    you dont have to cut any metal bar...secondly it takes 2 minutes to secure it.....there is nothing to be afraid of.....the whole thing took me a little while to run the wires connect ground power etc...PIECE OF CAKE...
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I'm not worried about the install. I'm worried about the quality and looks. I just looked at one picture and you could see all the wires running into the dash by the winshield. That doesn't sound too great to me.

This place is supposed to closely match it. People who have bought it from these guys say that, unless you hold the stock and the new pod next to each other, you can't tell the difference.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Thanks.....that's what i was looking for. I ordered one.

Thanks.....that's what i was looking for. I ordered one.
    Anytime...let me know how you like it once you get it.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I'm not worried about the install. I'm worried about the quality and looks. I just looked at one picture and you could see all the wires running into the dash by the winshield. That doesn't sound too great to me.
    what pics were you looking at to see wires throught the window and dash?? the pillar fits snug and wouldn't be able to see the wirign from the window and under dash you have to tuck it or zip tie it or however you want it to be done....what pic did u look at?
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

It was a picture from a wagon. Maybe that was why

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.