MY 02/03 Rear Dash Interchangable with MY 04/05?

This is a discussion on MY 02/03 Rear Dash Interchangable with MY 04/05? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a spoilerless 05 STi and I'm looking for a rear dash with a 3rd brake light (from a ...

Question MY 02/03 Rear Dash Interchangable with MY 04/05?

I have a spoilerless 05 STi and I'm looking for a rear dash with a 3rd brake light (from a factory spoierless RS or WRX).

Anyone know if a rear dash from an 02/03 Impreza (w/ 3rd brake light) will fit in an 05 STi? Is that part with the 3rd brake light is called the rear dash?

Thanks!
    2005 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its called teh rear deck and you can just buy a 3rd brake light and toss it in, in place of the blank. there is a blank there now right?
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    its called teh rear deck and you can just buy a 3rd brake light and toss it in, in place of the blank. there is a blank there now right?
    Yes, the current rear deck is a blank. I would rather not drill holes if I don't have to.

Do you know if the connectors for all brake lights are the same? If I just got a brake light from an 02/03 Impreza, would I be able to connect it to the plug in the trunk (that was connected to the light in the spoiler)?
    2005 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi