Why does it have to be so dang hard?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Why does it have to be so dang hard? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm here in South Caroliner and the sun is rather intense, so I'd like to be able to use a ...

Why does it have to be so dang hard?

I'm here in South Caroliner and the sun is rather intense, so I'd like to be able to use a sun visor to put in my windshield. Easy enough one would think, right, but noooo. The first I used was one of those cardboard accordian fold up type. Kinda bulky and you have to use the cars sun visors to hold it in place. Well, now the drivers side sunvisor doesn't snap back into position, it kinda hangs like an inch. Then I try one of the real thin square wire ones that fold up into a circle. Well, I put it in place and the f'ing thing gets lodged between the dash and the windshield so fu(king tight that I swore I was gonna rip the f'ing dash out trying to remove the thing. All I want is for my freakin interior not to get baked every friggin day. Ahhh, that feels better.

Anyone in here use anything that doesn't ruin the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

- Local Riceist

Check Ebay. I once saw a indsheild visor specifically for the WRX. Looked to be good qual too.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Thanks for nothing.

Yeah, I use protectant but not Armor All. Did you ever smell that stuff? It's like they tried to make it the worst smelling car care product on the market.

I use an accordian style but it's not cardboard. Works fine and my visors are OK. Protectant doesn't keep the car cooler in the blazing sun either. When u say snap back into position do you mean into the clip for moviing it to block sun from the side of you or doesn't stay up flush with the roof?

^ It doesn't stay flush with the roof. It's probably 3/4 of an inch lower than it should be. Actually it makes it easier for me to flip it down so I'm not too bummed. I just don't want the thing to start sagging way too much.

Mines not cardboard either. Don't know what I was thinking. It's actually one of those foamy like shiny ones.
    Last edited by WRCfan; 06-23-2005 at 11:38 AM.

Armor All=Basura

Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Thanks for nothing.

Yeah, I use protectant but not Armor All. Did you ever smell that stuff? It's like they tried to make it the worst smelling car care product on the market.
    Never, I repeat, never use Armor All. That stuff cracks dashes. It contains some sort of petroleum based chemical, and will wreak havoc once the sun hits the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin80
    Never, I repeat, never use Armor All. That stuff cracks dashes. It contains some sort of petroleum based chemical, and will wreak havoc once the sun hits the dash.
    It contains alcohol which dries out and will eventually crack the dash. Use Turtle Wax 2001 super protectant (neon green bottle) found at Wal Mart
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Ditto....Meguiars is also "Dash Safe".

WRCFan...I'm not sure what local tint laws are in SC, but you should think about maybe tinting your front windshield. a 50-35% tint will allow you to have great visibility at night, and help keep your car cool during the day. I have it...and love it. The other thing I do on ocassion is cover my car because I'm anal.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

I never thought of tinting the entire front window, hmm. Actually, I'm moving back to Buffalo in a few weeks and NY tint laws are tough. If the window is movable ie. goes up and down the maximum legal tint is 80% I'm not sure about the windshield though.

I have this two fabric circle, folding unit that has reflective fabric qualities and does a good job...its a universal fit and very flexible and has little wings to help cover all types of cars. The best thing is that you simply place both circles on top of each other then fold them together securing them with these straps like you find sewn into a sleeping bag and it stores neatly.

Winshield

I never thought of tinting the entire front window, hmm. Actually, I'm moving back to Buffalo in a few weeks and NY tint laws are tough. If the window is movable ie. goes up and down the maximum legal tint is 80% I'm not sure about the windshield though.
    I've seen a couple of cars that have a 50% tint on the winshield, and it looks sharp. In Illinois, if the police catch you, they can impound your car.
    Last edited by Justin80; 07-01-2005 at 01:58 PM.

I can tell you that it's illegal to have your front windshield tinted in SC. My brother (who lives in Columbia, SC) just bought a Mini Cooper in Charleston that had the front glass tinted... On his way back to Columbia, he was pulled over and written a $400 ticket for it. Luckily, the officer told him that if he had it removed and showed up to court, he'd throw the ticket out. I don't know how the previous owner got away with it, but I wouldn't try it if I were you.
    -Lee

i beleive front windsheild tinting is illegal everywhere. Where is it exactly that your car sits in the sun? Trying backing in maybe, so the sun isnt beaming down on the dash, but on your backseats (cloth wont crack ).
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

It sits in the parking lot where I live, so it's either use the sun visor, have tree sap become part of my clearcoat, or allow my car to molested by the idiots that live around me. I figure option 1 is my best bet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.