Which gauges for what?

This is a discussion on Which gauges for what? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Which ones are most important and which gauges monitor what? If somebody is pushing over 300+ hp for example, which ...

Which gauges for what?

Which ones are most important and which gauges monitor what? If somebody is pushing over 300+ hp for example, which gauges would you use to run the car more safely? Would the OEM boost gauge cut it with that much HP, and who makes the best ones?
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You'll need an EGT gauge fo that much HP. I also use oil pressure and temperature gauges. Some guys use air/fuel mixture gauges. I understand their vale is questionable.

If you're asking these questions now abot gauges, I think you'd better look at all it's going to take to get to 300+ HP. Gauges are the least expensive and challenging problem. Engine management is paramount.

misterx

hehe yep, heard about pretty bad cases of poor engine management. I have a fairly good understanding on how engine management works and how bad you can really screw your car up if you ignore it, but for everything I know about the car theres probably a million things i still need to learn. I was just wondering which gauges you preffered or which works best from everyones experience. Do you know who makes the most reliable or accurate ones?

Thanks.
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

the stock boost guage sucks, since it is in BAR and not PSI,