A/C ? on 2005 WRX

This is a discussion on A/C ? on 2005 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I notice the temperature of the air coming out varies drastically, from cooler than the outside air to FRIDGID, no ...

A/C ? on 2005 WRX

I notice the temperature of the air coming out varies drastically, from cooler than the outside air to FRIDGID, no matter what temperature you set. I'm in manual mode. If the temperature setting is higher, the FRIDGID air comes out less often. My Honda's never did this, they just put out air at a steady temperature all the time depending on what the temperature setting was.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ac units on subaru just don't seem to work right my car hates the ac it automatically shuts the ac off and rolls down the windows. as for the honda you are way cooler in your WRX there is a lot of things your honda won't do that your WRX will do.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Except climate control and V-tec. I noticed that too.... thought I was low on freon or something. Nope, just a badly designed A/C unit. At least they spent money on the motor and drivetrain.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by scrawshaw
    I notice the temperature of the air coming out varies drastically, from cooler than the outside air to FRIDGID, no matter what temperature you set.
    Same here. I will more than likely take it in before I swap my turbo just to have it on the service record. Although, I know they will tell me nothing is wrong.

<<-- life begins and ends at 180 mph - CBR 1000RR

MODS

Yea it can get pretty cold, fast. I try to use a/c as little as possible.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I never had any problem with this on my edm wrx.. Works good, but not anymore..
    Since I "never" use it. I removed it and saved both weight and space
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

I have been using the AC on my 05 WRX wagon pretty regularly and it seems to work just fine. I have noticed, like some other cars I have had, that when you go around corners, the cold air can seem to slosh around all of a sudden making you feel cooler or warmer.

The WRX also seems to have the same AC/heater control unit as a 350Z. The knobs are just enough different to match the interior, but all the controls have exactly the same logos, lights and features.

I have this same problem it cycles on and off. I took it to the dealer twice now. First time they recharged it. Now this time they found a relay switch that looked bad. He said he cleaned it up and it ran better. But low and behold it's even worse now, it completely turned off and then started making a clunking sound? They are going to order a new relay switch from Japan and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by dancing_bear
    The WRX also seems to have the same AC/heater control unit as a 350Z. The knobs are just enough different to match the interior, but all the controls have exactly the same logos, lights and features.
    Great observation! It got me thinking too and so I ran a search and found this:

my STi is powered by Nissan

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Also, if you go wide-open on the throttle I think it cuts off the compressor briefly so you get more power, and the air gets warmer for a few moments.

Yeah my A/C bogs my car down so bad!!!...I hate using the A/C, plus my hair looks sooooooo much cooler when the wind hits it, chicks dig that.

when i bought my car it didnt work at all the ac

i took it in and it was a faulty o-ring that leaked all the refridgerent out.

but i thave noticed after getting it fixed that it does what you describe, even if i set it at 65 it goes from ice cold to not so ice cold.. hey at least it works now though.. drive homes were leaving me a little swampy
    oops

I want to see pics of the Vega.....................

MODS

Quote Originally Posted by WShade
    I want to see pics of the Vega.....................

http://www.beefhole.com/jeff/vegaf.JPG

big one

http://www.beefhole.com/jeff/vega1.JPG

i cant remember the other file names ive got up there
    Last edited by longislandwrx; 07-01-2005 at 06:13 AM.
    oops

MODS