How do I install a boost gauge?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How do I install a boost gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking for info on installing a Boost gauge in my 02 wrx. Are the wires already in the car for ...

Question How do I install a boost gauge?

Looking for info on installing a Boost gauge in my 02 wrx. Are the wires already in the car for me to plug it into or do i have to do all the wiring? let me know thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You'll need to tap into the small hose on the blow off valve. And it you get an electric gauge or want lights on a mechanical guage, you'll have to run a couple wires.

IMO, mounting the guage so it doens't look like crap is the hardest part. I got the autometer bezel pod to help out with that

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    What boost gauge do you plan on using? How are you going to mount it? Answer those two, and the rest is simple. Most gauges only have illumination, ground and a vaccum line. Some have power, but either way, the install itself, meaning wiring and tubing is pretty simple. The hard part is actually mounting the gauge in a good location.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by selos
    Looking for info on installing a Boost gauge in my 02 wrx. Are the wires already in the car for me to plug it into or do i have to do all the wiring? let me know thanx
    Most boost gauges come with instructions how and where to install the lines. Its pretty easy, only hard part is figure out where to run the line w/o it looking ghetto
    02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2 93OCT on 91OCT map -13.708 SEC / 097.84 MPH / 1.86 60 ft @ No Problem Raceway

02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2.5 93OCT- 12.9 SEC @ No Problem Raceway
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.