Wiring in guages

This is a discussion on Wiring in guages within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought autometer guages. My problem is that I am not a genius when it comes to electrical. I want ...

Wiring in guages

Just bought autometer guages. My problem is that I am not a genius when it comes to electrical. I want to wire in the lighting so that it dims with the dash lights. Any advice? I'm sure its simple. Also locations on were to connect the oil pressure and water temp guages. Just a location to get the info would be good. Thanks.
    "The only thing heavier than a soldiers pack.......are the chains of a slave." D. D. E.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you take out the radio there is a Plug with 2 wires on it that is made for the lighting in the stock boost gauge, one of the wires is purple I think I don't remeber what the other one was. you might need a volt meter to figure out which is + and which is - but it's will allow it to dim with the dash lights. as for power for the electrical gauges i used the power from thew rear wiper on the fuse panel, I have a sedan so no need for it. Good Luck -James