boost gauge only goes to 15 psi

This is a discussion on boost gauge only goes to 15 psi within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was a bit too excited when I placed an order for a boost gauge and got one that only ...

boost gauge only goes to 15 psi

I was a bit too excited when I placed an order for a boost gauge and got one that only reads to 15 psi. My engine is bone stock and will stay that way for a good while.

Think I should keep this thing considering it'll be enough to monitor stock boost or should I just return it and get a different one? I have a day off on Friday and was planning on doing installing it then..it should have been perfect.

Would there be any downsides to having a gauge that has a peak reading so close to peak boost?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I would get a new one. 15 is too close to stock boost. I think a boost gauge is supposed to monitor boost spikes as well so you should probably get a new one.
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1

stock boost is 13.5Psi. My stage1 is running 15psi in 5th gear. id get a bigger one.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4