Longer seat rails?

This is a discussion on Longer seat rails? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do there exist longer seat rails for the WRX to help better accomodate tall drivers?...

Banned

Longer seat rails?

Do there exist longer seat rails for the WRX to help better accomodate tall drivers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    you can mod your current ones and weld the connection points further up on the seat, but it's a safety hazard in case of an accident. I'd suggest you call sparco, or any other seat and rail manufacturer and see if they can make, or have, one that will work for you.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Banned
    thanks

perhaps someone else knows if they exist?

Banned
    bump

Banned
    hump

A good welding shop could safely do the above mentioned mod. Probably wouldn't cost you much if you strip off the seat. It would probably be stronger than the factory welds, too.
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott
    A good welding shop could safely do the above mentioned mod. Probably wouldn't cost you much if you strip off the seat. It would probably be stronger than the factory welds, too.
    Agreed. The only reason I would advise caution is that it could be a huge liability. I am confident to say that there are shops out there that can weld, and create a rail that by far exceeds OEM standards. I was just pointing out that there are certain legal implications that could potentially bring you into harms way for modifying a OEM safety device. Then again....I've had rails built for my GMC to fit after-market seats myself. Just making you aware, not trying to discourage.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

serious bump.

if you end up doing this or find anyone who has, please share the information. i'm 6'6" and the last couple long trips have made me realize how i need to find a solution for a lack of leg room.

the only problem i see is if you push the seat bottom back to give you more leg room then your arms will be further from the steering wheel. you could solve that by sitting much more upright but then you might run out of headroom.

guess it all comes down to torso/legs ratio.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan

I agree completely. It's on my mind every night I'm out on the town!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    serious bump.

if you end up doing this or find anyone who has, please share the information. i'm 6'6" and the last couple long trips have made me realize how i need to find a solution for a lack of leg room.

the only problem i see is if you push the seat bottom back to give you more leg room then your arms will be further from the steering wheel. you could solve that by sitting much more upright but then you might run out of headroom.

Bump here, I'm tall too and could benefit from one of these. I wonder though if it wouldn't just be safer for a whole new one to be fabricated than have metal welded onto the existing one.