Pioneer In-Dash Flip TV Install NEED HELP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pioneer In-Dash Flip TV Install NEED HELP within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by ej20fan So let me know what happens if you add the Nav unit??? Since we're talking hypotheticals?? ...

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    So let me know what happens if you add the Nav unit??? Since we're talking hypotheticals?? The software in the nav will cut any Video display the moment the accelerometer senses motion.

Furthermore, simply grounding it won't work, as you have to pump the brake twice to engage the video option. How do you plan on accomplishing that if the wire is grounded. But I guess you could unground, then re-ground....or wait...go my original statement of needing to install a switch. In the end it's up to you, but simply grounding it, will not work on newer units. Anything made in 2005 will require to engage the parking brake multiple times in order to work, and furthermore, the parking brake wire is not a strict ground. It actually has current flowing through it, which the pioneer will look for if you ever took the time to read the manual or call their tech support. This, again is on newer units, and if it does not sense the load on the brake wire, it will warn you that the brake wire has not been properly connected. The load is miniscule, but measureable with a MVDM. This is a huge problem with N2's in particular, as it sometimes takes several seconds for the park brake wire to re-load a charge in between pumps, meaning that the N2 will not sense that you've pumped the parking brake, in several vehicles.

The rca option is one of many ways to bypass. It's your car, and your decision in the end to go either with the rca bypass, or install a switch. Think of what plans you have for the future in regards to either expanding, or adding nav. You don't want to back-track and have to re-do installs because of poor planning.
    Once again, grounding the wire will take about a minute. He's hasn't posted any intentions of getting a navigation system, so grounding the wire is not a waste of time. You're making it out to be more complicated than it really is. Besides, if he did get a navigation system, it would involve another receiver, which wouldn't tie into his DVD receiver, therefore how would the navigation not work? The only way the navigation receiver is in contact with the monitor is through the video feed, which in my experience, doesn't have anything to do with the parking brake. If this were an all in one unit, then you would be right, but if he wanted navigation, he would be dealing with two seperate units, so I don't see a problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Wrong! It connects directly via a bus cable for the Pioneer nav. You obviously don't know your product, and the aux video in, will not be engaged without the handbrake, which as I've said before, has to be pumped twice in order to switch on the video viewing mode. Furthermore, the Pioneer Nav, will completetly disable the video display, except for nav and menu's for tuner, cd, etc... once it senses the car moving. Back in the days....last year with the N1, and all other A/V receivers...grounding the wire would've been fine, but now, as with the Alpine's, simply grounding won't work. Please read my posts more carefully so I don't have to repeat myself.

The point is that it's not as easy as you make it sound. It's not hard, but don't provide false information about how to do things, such as grounding it. I've explained why simply grounding won't work. Take the time to read my responses before answering. I'm not saying that he can't simply add a switch to make it work. Nor that it's unbelievably difficult to go either route. I honestly could care less whether and how he/she by-passes the viewing mode, but the method you proposed, doesn't even work....period....!!! I've already explained why, so please don't ask. He has to connect to the parking brake wire, and add a mechanical rocker or togle switch that is spliced into the handbrake wire, and allows you to select ground, as well as the handbrake line charge I discussed earlier. Why do you think Pioneer has the parking/hand brake listed as a + connection instead of a ground? Regardless of which method you prefer, switch or rca loop, grounding is no longer an option on any 05 model A/V receivers from Pioneer.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

wag
    I have the avic-n2 and I know that its different than the n1 in respects to the gyro inside the head unit itself. The toggle switch mod on the parking brake lead DOES NOT WORK for this model, because once you start moving, regardless if it's grounded or not, the gyro senses movement and shuts the DVD player off immediately. I have not personnaly tried the (video out-to rear cam in) mod but I was told by mobile audio professionals that I work with, that because the video processing from the rear camera-in port is a drastically different resolution signal sent to your unit, it does not provide video worthy of dvd playback. However I did hear about a way to beat all of these frustrating dilemas just today, it requires pulling your unit apart and clipping the gyro sending wire (definitely not for the faint hearted) the downside to this is the nav unit will not be able to pinpoint your location but can provide directions if you create a starting -stopping point.
    Every disaster yields an open opportunity

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I hope they're not friends of yours.... Video feed is just fine from rear camera in. It's not a 50 inch HD Plasma, but a 6.5" LCD. Meaning that if there was any discrepancy...which there is not....you would most likely never be able to tell. You should ask them where they get their information from, as no one from Pioneer is aware of this being so.

What really frustrates me is that other so called pro's are giving out bad info, making the entire audio industry look bad. Cutting the Gyro wire is probably one of the worst, as you not only destroy your Compass, but any vehicle dynamics option along with it.

It's also not a Gyro...but an Accelerometer, much like the one's used in G-Techs. It senses G-forces, a Gyro is much more complex and can sense pitch and yaw changes....which I hope you'd never need to measure in a car anyways.

I apologize for being so passionate about this.. . but it's what I do for a living. What really bothers me is that people are given information that is not correct, consistently. Often by shops and salesmen who don't know anything about Acoustic Dynamics, Electronics, or 12 volt equipment. I fix a lot of cars from other shops. I've heard anything and everything there is to hear. Very few people know more about this business than I do....because I love and live it. What often shocks me is that the overall level of knowledge is very high on this forum. Almost all of you are intelligent and well researched individuals...so when I read thins like this thread...it frustrates me.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

On a 5700 you will have to hook up a toogle switch to ground as mentioned earlier...
    Eye am so re todd did.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvwhtgrls
    On a 5700 you will have to hook up a toogle switch to ground as mentioned earlier...
    Only if it wasn't made recently. Newer units will look for a charge on the brake wire...Damn lawyers are making my life so dificult

why are you guys trying to watch DVDs while driving? The companies put these things on there to keep you from killing yourselves. All of these wiring things arent going to mean **** when you glance off the road onto your dvd screen and run into a tree.
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

He said its for his gf to watch while he's driving.
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12