after market alarm vs. stock
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on after market alarm vs. stock within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; just got my 04 the other day and it has an aftermarket alarm on it and the stock subaru one ...

after market alarm vs. stock

just got my 04 the other day and it has an aftermarket alarm on it and the stock subaru one also..they both work and i'm having some trouble with both of them...does the stock subaru alarm have to be disconnected to let the aftermarket one work normally...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    no, it doesnt' have to be disconnected. what kind of problems are you having?
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

well the aftermarket alarm wont chrip or anything and it will unlock the doors but it wont relock...and now the stock alarm wont go off if i open a door when it is armed

Quote Originally Posted by i need practice
    well the aftermarket alarm wont chrip or anything and it will unlock the doors but it wont relock...and now the stock alarm wont go off if i open a door when it is armed

what do you mean by "and now the stock alarm won't go off...". Was it working before or did something happen to your car? Do you know for sure that the subaru you purchased that the factory security upgrade? You may only have keyless entry.

do you know anything about the alarm? who makes it, who installed it, a model number...

if you haven't installed an alarm before and/or don't know a whole lot about circuits and 12v systems, i'd recommend you just take it to best buy or circuit city and have them look at it. It'll cost you, but it might be worth saving you from headaches. My .02
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

yea i'll check into the stock alarm...but its a omega max-e alarm....the whole thing started when i went to set it so it would act like a turbo timer...it has a feature that will let the car run for 2 mins after you take then key out...i dunno if i did something wrong that set it into some mode that i cant get out of or what...i didnt install it..it came on the car i bought the car used...i might just have to take it to a cc or best buy..another thing i did take the main box out and look for some kind of master reset and there wasnt one and i also unplugged the battery for like 10 mins and still got nothing

it kinda sounds like a programming issue. either read the manual and try to figure it out or let a pro handle it. good luck dood.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

yea i've read the maual like 20 times...no help at all..lol....but yea i think i'm gonna have to take it somewhere...but thanks anyways..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.