Any good HUD's? heads up displays

This is a discussion on Any good HUD's? heads up displays within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Its my first post over here to the W club, I post on the I-club but just found out what ...

Any good HUD's? heads up displays

Its my first post over here to the W club, I post on the I-club but just found out what was wrong with my acct here and fixed it....now I can post!!

Anyway, I wanna get a HUD, just speed /tach, nothing fancy, just cause I like those bells and whistles. Noticed there wernt too many posts on this topic.

Any good ones ($200 or less?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hot tips when it comes to vehicle HUDs

1. you get what you pay for.
    2. a HUD in an F/A-18 costs around $60K
    3. there is a reason for #2 - good optics (ie daylight readable and infinity focus) are expensive.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, $200 might be on the cheap side, but if someone makes it for our cars it'll be less than $60k!

Several cars on the market have them. I drove a rented Nissan 240SX with a HUD speedometer way back in '90. That was like a $15k car back then, and electronics get cheaper over the years. The speedo was a total waste of a cool technology. Tach would've been useful. Then again, those new Caddies with the HUD night vision are pretty freakin' cool too!
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Here is a sight that has two different guages. They are both a bit over $200.

http://www.fastwrx.com/gauges.html
    2005 WRX STI Black/Gold

Very nice...dads 2002 vette has the HID and it is extremely cool...I would definatly want to build some type of dash enclosure though...looks kinda strange just sitting out there

I like the funtionality of that speed/tach, instead of building an enclosure, couldn't it be dropped into the dash like on the Pontiac GTP? I would definitely want that thing to be stealth. It screams steal me