Speaker Sizes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Speaker Sizes within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey imma pick up a 2004 sti next weekend, and im tryin to prepare by buying some speakers. the only ...

Speaker Sizes

hey imma pick up a 2004 sti next weekend, and im tryin to prepare by buying some speakers. the only problem is that i dont know what size they are. can anyone help me out. im lookin for front and back and does anyone have reccomendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i just put a system in my car and got 5 1/4 inch alpine type x components in the front. i dont know about the back, they arent that important so i didnt replace them
    Life is too short for traffic.

If you get sufficently slim speakers youi can get 6.5" in the front though 5.25" will be an easier fit. In the rears 4" fit though you may be able to get 5.25" in there with some work. The rear deck would also be an option if your willing to do some modification, 5.25" or 6.5" will fit.

im not to skilled when it comes to modifications...so 5.25 for fronts, 4's for rear, and what bout rear deck?

from what i got, you dont want to do any modifications right? if you do, you can put larger speakers on the rear deck, which requires modification. i would just stick with 5.25 in the front and 4 in the rear. are you just going to replace the speakers? if you are going to put a whole system in, i would just leave the rear speakers stock. you would be suprised how much better the stockers will sound with some more power going to them, i was..

Yes I agree if you dont want to modify anything then 5 1/4 for front and 4 in the back. None in decklid. It is reall not that hard to fit bigger speakers in. I just put 61/2 in the front on my wrx and it wasnt that difficult. Although is it not true that STi's dont have a stereo from the factory?

i may put the polk momo 5.25 component kit in the front doors and some sort of 4" in the rear door. I have seen that there are areas behind the back seats that look like they could fit a set of speakers (6x9?) but am not totally sure on that....

thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Yep. The rear deck is what its called. And yes people do that all the time. I will never do it tho. I think those polks would probably be pretty nice. I know that my polk momo 10s sound great!

I will probably just do the front and rear doors first to see what it is like, then decide. selling my 10's (RF punch P2's) and one of the amps because I dont really want that big of a sound and I actually use the trunk from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    I will probably just do the front and rear doors first to see what it is like, then decide. selling my 10's (RF punch P2's) and one of the amps because I dont really want that big of a sound and I actually use the trunk from time to time.
    Yeah sometimes I feel that way. Its like if I ever want to use my trunk I cant cuz it either wont fit with the the subs in there or I would be afraid it would move around a puncture one.
    But if you just get some really good speaks and amplify em a little bit it should actually sound pretty good.

Oh hey and this is really off topic but I figured id ask. How did you get a job selling subarus? I have been interested for a little while and since youve been there, done that I thought I would ask what you have to do to get that kinda job?

turn your subs around man, they sound so much cleaner and you wont have to worry about them being puncured. sorry about spelling....im drunk. if you turn them around and put down the armrest thing, they hit so hard, atleast for me they do. for the job selling subarus, i would go down to the nearest dealership and ask them if they have any kob openings..

Do you happen to know if you would need any kinda college courses or anything or does everyone just "walk-in?"

About the speakers gettin punctured go to your local audo store and get a grill placed in front of them if there facing the trunk door. And with 2 12's how much trunk space will be left?
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    About the speakers gettin punctured go to your local audo store and get a grill placed in front of them if there facing the trunk door. And with 2 12's how much trunk space will be left?
    depends on the sub box size...on avg. i would sday the box will take up 1/3 to half of the trunk
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.