Speaker Sizes - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Speaker Sizes within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok thanks...

Ok thanks
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I have always been told to put subs facing out. I forget why tho. I think its somethin about it resonating in the trunk more. Also I will never put those guards over my subs. I think they are kinda ugly. Not that I show em off or anything. On second thought maybe I should get those spinner ones so they can match my 20's I have on order!!! HAHA. JK!!!

If you put the subs facing towards your back the air space the subs have to move is alot less so they have alot harder of a time hitting then it would otherwise. So ive been told.

I got my job selling cars by just simply e-mailing a dealership... I have my GED :P

No The only air space they move is in the box and if so have a ported box and port it back or have a band pass box and have the tubes comeing out the back or top
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

well i never said i was right i just said what i heard...

I just did both of them (front and back) not too long ago. I did get 5 1/4's in the back with no problem, and 6 1/2's in the front. But they needed a spacer (18 bucks) cause the window was hitting it on its way down. There is just not enough power from the stock deck to power them however. I feel like it was a waste of money. Oh well.

Get a small amp dont cost much.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Well, Ive done all that before. Im more interested in the exterior at this point. Want to make mine different than other ones on the road. But even if I did want to get an amp on that, Im not certain that there is an output on the back of the stock deck. Im sure that there is one of those circular outputs to go to the amp, but whatever.

Go to a best buy or circut city or audio store
    What are you thinking about doin exterior wise?
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Well, I just put 18's on it last week. It has side skirts on it, I have a snowboard and surf rack on it. (I live in Portland) and Im looking for a front and rear ground kit. Other than that, it just has Piaa headlight bulbs and fog lights.

bandpass boxes sound like sh!t. I will never own one I have always used sealed and always will. Also. You do have to worry about the air outside the box. I was also told when I had my Eclipse not to have the subs on too loud with the hatch open. Its easy to blow them. Not sure of the reason but thats what I was told.

I have never heard that with a hatch back. That is an interesting theory. I used to have just one 12 JL Audio in a sub zero box (not band pass) and I swear it was one of the better sounding subs Ive ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    bandpass boxes sound like sh!t. I will never own one I have always used sealed and always will. Also. You do have to worry about the air outside the box. I was also told when I had my Eclipse not to have the subs on too loud with the hatch open. Its easy to blow them. Not sure of the reason but thats what I was told.
    NO hell they dont Boxes are made diffrent for reason. Hit the hardest and carry the farthest. I either go with sealed or ported. What do you mean you have to worry about the air ourside the box? Who told you not to have up loud with hatch open, I have never seen or heard of that. You say you only have sealed boxes and im assuming they say keep trunk closed if your turnin them loud beacouse the air space diffrence. it dosent matter. First your useing a sealed box so the air around them has no effect to them.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

When I got my stuff installed the owner of the shop told me that. And I guess its just preference but I dont like the sound of bandpass/ported.

My experience with the band pass is not good. The range of the bandpass box is horrible. You might be able to get the low bass, but there is no "hit" with it like you would with a ported or sealed box. I highly recomend JL Audio though. Kicks ass

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.