Fog Light Mod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fog Light Mod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was trying to rewire the fog lights so they would run whenever there was power to the parking lights ...

Fog Light Mod

I was trying to rewire the fog lights so they would run whenever there was power to the parking lights (ie. parking only, low beams, and high beams). I spliced into the parking light power source on the back of the fuse box and terminated the other end into the power source on the fog light relay.

Sometime during this process, I lost all power to my parking lights. I've checked the fuses, rewired everything back to normal, and still I get no power to the parking lights. This includes turning them on with the switch on top of the steering column and arming my alarm.

Do the parking lights have a relay that I'm not seeing? Could i have blown something else? I'm totally lost here....
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok...all fixed....the "lighting switch" fuse was blown.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Good, you had me stumped since you said that all of the fuses were fine.

tcc

yeah tcc....i saw that you had a similar post on i-club. i missed the blown fuse on my first once-over

So is there a good "how to" anywhere on making this setup work? Anyone?

www.scoobymods.com has the info for doing it. I did it last week, or maybe two weeks ago, and I love it. I just ended up pulling a wire out of my splice when I pushed my fuse box back up. It confused the heck out of me, but I figured it out as soon as I rechecked the connections.

tcc

I actually saw that on there, but it looks like he's doing it on a GC8- does this mod actually work on both old and new models of Impreza?

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...p?threadid=226

If you are talking about this one, yes, it works on our cars. WRX'es are under "New Age"

Please make this a sticky.

Would a moderator please make this a "sticky" somewhere. Also a link to the DRL mod.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

how did you fix the fuse? new fuse? my fogs stopped working also.

how would i go about doing this if i want to be able to control my fogs with the fog button, but have them work whenever, even if no parking/ low beams are on?
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

just throw a relay on your new wire connected to the old switch

Mine are set up so when I switch from low beams to high beams the low beams stay on and if I switch the fogs on the low beams and high beams stay on as well. I changed the stock fogs for some Hellas and changed my high beam bulbs and low beams to higher end units. It was done at the shop I go to and took about 20 minutes.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by canlogic
    Mine are set up so when I switch from low beams to high beams the low beams stay on and if I switch the fogs on the low beams and high beams stay on as well. I changed the stock fogs for some Hellas and changed my high beam bulbs and low beams to higher end units. It was done at the shop I go to and took about 20 minutes.
    That is what I want, well put. I was under the impression that the stock wiring couldn't take the load? But I haven't really looked at it. That's alot of light, even before an upgrade in bulbs. Maybe I'll take a before/after pic if it's not been done.
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

Quote Originally Posted by thechickencow
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...p?threadid=226

If you are talking about this one, yes, it works on our cars. WRX'es are under "New Age"
    Can someone confirm if it works on 04/05s as well as bugeyes?

Whenever used to haul down from the mountains after skiing, there is this unlit area on I-70 where it curves sharply and made me skeered until I did the mod on my '02.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast