Fog Light Mod - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Fog Light Mod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by TOOFAST88 how would i go about doing this if i want to be able to control my ...

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    how would i go about doing this if i want to be able to control my fogs with the fog button, but have them work whenever, even if no parking/ low beams are on?
    You just need to get power to the fog light switch when the ignition key is in the "on" position. I think that this should work and I might try it myself:

Instead of splicing a new lead off of the orange wire (switched power by the parking light switch) on the pack of the fuse panel, splice the new lead to an ignition-switched wire on the back of the fuse panel. Then connect the new lead to the red-green wire to the fog light switch.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha just helped my friend do it..took 10 mins
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

I did this mod almost 4 years ago, the day I got the car home from the dealership. glad to hear that you got it working.
    Press any key to continue........Where's the any key?

Can some1 tell me exactly how to do this mod? which ignition-switched wire did you use? Is there a video on this?
    Last edited by FreakDaddy247; 05-07-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    2004 Impreza WRX

there is a diy on nasioc.com under interior threads its a sticky and it explains step by step i did this and now i can run my fogs independantly ....
    No Fat H00$ car will scrape!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12