Turbo Gage/wires Showing

This is a discussion on Turbo Gage/wires Showing within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a new WXR and had a Subaru dealer install the optional turbo gage. They did a terible ...

Turbo Gage/wires Showing

I just got a new WXR and had a Subaru dealer install the optional turbo gage. They did a terible job overal and I need to go back to replace the stearing wheel cover because they drill a few holes in the wrong place .

Anyway...I notice that there were two wires completely VISIBLE zip tied to the gage hose(power=yellow and black) I would think that the wires would go down through the holes in the stearing wheel cover and not through the back along with the hose. Can someone tell me if I am correct.

I've been looking for pictures on the web to help support my argument (if I am correct) because next week I will be going back to the dealership to replace my stearing wheel cover that got screwed up. So far I couldn't find any pictures...please help

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what know, from factory the boost gauge wires are covered in black plastic wire loom, so it doesnt look too messy. And u can see it on the steering column and it goes in with it. as for ur steering column havin to many wholes....um yea get that replaced....effing retards!
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

Check it out! Everytime I look at it, I just want to scream...for cry out loud what a messy technician. I am taking it back this week because of the extra holes, still I will have to argue with them about the wires showing since they claim that it's normal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN7106.jpg  

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Completely unacceptable. Take it back, demand that they fix it....immediately, and see if they'll comp you some oil changes for your time.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    Completely unacceptable. Take it back, demand that they fix it....immediately, and see if they'll comp you some oil changes for your time.
    haha i don't think you'd want free oil changes from them.. they might forget the little washer gasket.. there are some dumbass folks at some subaru dealerships.