Good Gauges Good Price
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Good Gauges Good Price within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just got a turbo upgrade and some other stuff so i'm looking at geting a triple gauge pod on ...

Good Gauges Good Price

i just got a turbo upgrade and some other stuff so i'm looking at geting a triple gauge pod on dash and some good gauges but i cant afford Defi can someone tell me where i could get some for a decent price i need EGT,Oil Press, Air Fuel Ratio
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

Omori gauges are good quality, though they will still cost in the $140 range. If that ballpark is too high your choices are Autometer and VDO. If it were me I'd go with the VDO Vision series gauges in the $60 price range.

dont waste your money on an air fuel ratio gauge unless it is a wideband gauge...get fuel pressure...

Well if were going to talk about which gauges to get I would recommend two of the three be EGT and oil temperature. Oil temperature is important to know when your oil has reached operating temperature. Pushing your car before them causes premature wear. Third gauge is a pick em but I agree that anything other then a wideband air-fuel is just eyecandy.

fuel would be most beneficial of all three actually.

Take a look at the Autometer gauges from Summitracing.com. They're nice and reasonably priced. The two I would look at are the "Ultra-Light" and the "Sport-Comp". Both are around the same price. Ultra-Lights will match with a white indiglo gauge covers like the one I have (I'm a closet ricer), sport comps will be a closer match for stock.

If you get the 2 & 1/16" gauges (52mm):
    Oil Temp = $45.
    Coolant temp = $40
    EGT (Pyrometer) = $119

EGT gauges are pricey no matter where you go because of the senders and connectors.

I'd also recommend looking at the oil filter "Sandwich Plate" from Gruppe-S. It'll make it a snap to mount your oil temp/pressure gauge.

While you're at it, if you aren't into the huge gauge pod like the Defi, check out this option:
    Get the stock gauge pod from subaruwrxparts.com for $60.
    Get the Omori 52MM gauge Bezel from J-Spec tuning for $40 http://www.j-spectuning.com/index.ph...acturers_id=10

And then cut the stock pod to house the bezel like they did over at Sports Compact Car.
    http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/pr...cc_projectwrx/

I like having the gauges in the center pod but hate the huge pod look.

Hope that helps!
    Koji

I got some VDO's. They're REALLY cheap. Made in Germany. They're simple but VERY accurate...used on airplanes, race cars, and Porsche.

You can also get a Autometer gauge pods for your A-pillar and clock for about $40 each on ebay.

If you need custom work, I just got these done at www.nhspeedometer.com. They were $140 and included a air temp and water pressure sender.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...1&postcount=62

as you can see they do custom work, and can even do LED lighting (you can see a sample in the Porsche section on their web site).
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

blarg do you have pics of your vdos?
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    blarg do you have pics of your vdos?
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...1&postcount=62
    go f*** yourself

what do they look at like night...green with red needles?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    what do they look at like night...green with red needles?
    yup. but the bulb is clear. you can put any color bulb condom you want on it and get any color you want. Like I said, these aren't fancy back-lit digital gauges or anything...they're very simple, and have a really good German movement. They're oriented toward function and quality rather than bling.
    go f*** yourself

You can go with autometer, but I had them and was very dissapointed with the performance and look. If you can do it, spend a little bit more and go with Greddy electrics or Defi D-Series. Both are around $140 per gauge, but they're leaps and bounds above what you get from AutoMeter quality-wise.
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

Quote Originally Posted by WMAWRX
    You can go with autometer, but I had them and was very dissapointed with the performance and look. If you can do it, spend a little bit more and go with Greddy electrics or Defi D-Series. Both are around $140 per gauge, but they're leaps and bounds above what you get from AutoMeter quality-wise.
    Autometer gauges are sold at Pep Boys.....'nuff said. I think they're geared more to the "bling" market, where someone wants some cool looking gauges and doesn't really care what they say.

I just ordered some green LED replacements for the bulbs in my VDO's. We'll see how that looks...but at $9 shipped for all 3, it was silly NOT to try.

Crazy Blarg...now he's modding his mods.
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.