My New Gauges installed w/pics - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on My New Gauges installed w/pics within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by SD_GR Exactly. It all comes down to how much the owner's time is worth per hour vs. ...

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Exactly. It all comes down to how much the owner's time is worth per hour vs. the install charge per hour. If stuff is fun and you've got the time and can afford to use the time for that vs. using it to generate more money go ahead.

I dream that one day my time won't be worth a 15 minute oil change, and that I and everyone else in the world will be able to afford grocery shopping at gas stations (read: $5 per gallon milk etc.). Now that's money.

good thing I can't drink milk

this gauges look great. I just can't get myself to spend that kind of money on gauges though. I'll probably end up with the autometer dash pod and VDO's for 1/5th the price.
    Last edited by blarg; 06-05-2005 at 08:54 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Solid_Snake1234's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    good thing I can't drink milk

this gauges look great. I just can't get myself to spend that kind of money on gauges though. I'll probably end up with the autometer dash pod and VDO's for 1/5th the price.
    yea me to it doesn't go well with me not even lactaid milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid_Snake1234
    yea me to it doesn't go well with me not even lactaid milk.

I guess by not buying milk at $5 a gallon you saved enough for defi gauges. Good on ya.
    go f*** yourself

Registered User Solid_Snake1234's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I guess by not buying milk at $5 a gallon you saved enough for defi gauges. Good on ya.
    yea sure did took me a while but damn that milk is getting expensive for a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by bernardo
    Very nice choice in guages. The color match is perfect, and the hood paint looks great. I got my guages from XX Tuning too, and just had them do the EGT tap. My EGT is in my downpipe too, but I am really thinking about getting it into the manifold where it really belongs.

Chime in people, I know it's supposed to be in the manifold, but let us know how far off we are by having it in the dp. Is it LESS useful or just plain USELESS in the dp??

BTW, my EGTs are about 400-500 deg celsius on the highway, with peaks around 550 deg during hard pulls on the highway (on a vf22).
    im sorry but your egts are soo far off from what the pistons are actually seeing its not even funny. just cruzing im at 750-800 C and peaks at ~840. my sensor is about 3 inches away from the block. you should really move the sensor to the manifold where it can actually give you some usefull information.
    335whp & 320 wtq on 93 oct
    stg 4 = too much power for my tranny
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2125080

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    what im trying to get at is im not tech savy and id like to help people out so they can spend their money elsewhere!
    im with you i have had my car for a long time and have been screwed soo many times by shops. ive done all the recent mods on my car and they were all easy no pita's in the bunch. probably the worst diy is steering rack bushings cause it takes so long , but not as long as the shop you were gonna pay (maitnence manual says 4 hrs.). im helping my friend build up his sti and i ve done everything externaly on this car, suspension and engine.i mean everything and thats alot of stuff. i can understand if you have no tools but come on doing it yourself is so pleasing in the end. plus you get an understanding what that part is doing for your car and how it did it.you just have to do your homework first.

try here for all your modding DIY needs

scoobymods.com
    02 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #37

although I'm afraid this is gonna be the stoopidest question ever, I'll ask it anyway...

I just got Daddy's headers (http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...9&cat=8&page=1) and I'm planning on having a bung for my EGT probe welded on, but ehm... where??? What is the best location (or a good one...) to weld the bung in?

Also, the treaded hollow stud that goes into the bung, where the probe is actually treaded on, where do I get that? ACE? or more like pepboys?

Quote Originally Posted by leonbmx
    although I'm afraid this is gonna be the stoopidest question ever, I'll ask it anyway...

I just got Daddy's headers (http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...9&cat=8&page=1) and I'm planning on having a bung for my EGT probe welded on, but ehm... where??? What is the best location (or a good one...) to weld the bung in?

Also, the treaded hollow stud that goes into the bung, where the probe is actually treaded on, where do I get that? ACE? or more like pepboys?
    not at all a stupid question.

most people get them right after the #3 or #4 cylinder because those get the hottest...#3 is probably the most popular, its on the passanger's side, toward the firewall. You don't want to go back more than an inch or two to get good readings.

if you want to install the bung "properly", you need to drill a hole, and have the bung welded on. I believe the bung is a standard size NPT thread, but I don't know what size. Your pyrometer should come with all the necessary hardware. your best bet is to take it to a muffler shop and have them weld the bung on before you install the header. that way you're not risking leaving metal shavings in the pipe that can get into your turbo.

I've also heard that some people just get a tap and thread the header (the stock one...I don't know how thick the one you have is). THAT you can buy at any hardware store...you just have to know what kind of thread you have.
    go f*** yourself

[IMG][/IMG]

In this image I drew the location where I think the egt bung, and probe, should go. I intend to put it within 1 to 2 inches from the manifold connection, on the "inside" of the header (as shown) on the tube closest to the firewall.

Does this sound like where it's supposed to go? I don't want to have the bung welded on and then find out there's a huge interference which makes it impossible to have the probe there...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.