My New Gauges installed w/pics - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My New Gauges installed w/pics within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i paid 5 from Gruppe-S for their gauge package that was with shipping because i believe it was free shipping. ...

Registered User Solid_Snake1234's Avatar
    i paid $695 from Gruppe-S for their gauge package that was with shipping because i believe it was free shipping. i bought them a while ago and had them installed on memorial day. a very great vendor Gruppe-S is good quality customer service for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice..I was thinking of trying to change the color of my gauges for when I got the aftermarket ones..but thats a great color match..I just need to chage the needels to reed then .
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by CyRex
    I appreciate your attempts to save me a buck or two, but shelling out a few bills for an UP/DP install isn't going to break the bank any more than the pipes will... If it will only take me an hour, it will only cost me like what, $80 for labor? I'd rather have them throw it on their lift and be done with it rather than having to crawl around in the dirt with my car on ramps...

Anyway, thanks for your concerns... Oh, and nice gauges! (We were talking about gauges right?)
    well you dont know for sure. this guy was charged 4.5 hrs of labor and didnt even get the EGT welded in the correct spot...the labor could have taken anyone who has never done it before a MAX (assuming the bung was welded on prior to) 30 min - 1.5 hrs. 4.5 hours is outrageous and a total rape...at 100 bucks an hour (im deducing from his other post), thats 450 bucks.

anyhow, get a quote. im sure theyre not going to quote you an hour.

where is the package you are talking about. can you provide a link?
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

btw - if anyone wants any gauges installed in mid-nor cal (bay area) ill charge HALF of whatever that place charged these people, and we can enjoy some beer or liqour together and talk about subbies the whole time.

gruppe-s defi gague package there is the link its under the link V2 table and i ordered mine over the phone and it was all set

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    well you dont know for sure. this guy was charged 4.5 hrs of labor and didnt even get the EGT welded in the correct spot...the labor could have taken anyone who has never done it before a MAX (assuming the bung was welded on prior to) 30 min - 1.5 hrs. 4.5 hours is outrageous and a total rape...at 100 bucks an hour (im deducing from his other post), thats 450 bucks.

anyhow, get a quote. im sure theyre not going to quote you an hour.
    you got to give the guy a break, not all people are tech savy as you, i say if you have the money to spend then get it installed professionally. But if you are tight on cash definitally do it yourself. This forum has tons of Tutorial..

i did most of my installs but sometime i dont really want to deal with the BS that comes along with the work... ( ie changing clutch boy that was a paid)

what im trying to get at is im not tech savy and id like to help people out so they can spend their money elsewhere!

Installing gauges is a cake, even tapping the manifold for egt is really easy, the stock manifold is cast iron so you can just drill and tap the threads for egt probe, don't need to weld on any bungs. Btw egt gauge reading from dp is pretty useless.

looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by axan
    Installing gauges is a cake, even tapping the manifold for egt is really easy, the stock manifold is cast iron so you can just drill and tap the threads for egt probe, don't need to weld on any bungs. Btw egt gauge reading from dp is pretty useless.
    i appricaiate your input and well i have never used a drill so i didn't want to screw anything up. Secondly i don't have any drills near me. I want to tap my manifold but there isn't anyone i know who i trust to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    btw - if anyone wants any gauges installed in mid-nor cal (bay area) ill charge HALF of whatever that place charged these people, and we can enjoy some beer or liqour together and talk about subbies the whole time.
    hmmm that's ALMOST worth the drive to Monterey from L.A.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by axan
    I'd be afraid of leaving some metal shavings in the manifold that could get into the turbo...I didn't realize it was that easy. I thought you NEEDED to weld a bung. still not a big deal, I could get a muffler shop to do it for like $30.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    There are several ways of dealing with the inevitable hole one needs in the manifold to get EGT readings.

The most savage way is to drill a hole without disassembling anything, and to help avoid shavings in places they ought not be, do the drilling with the motor running and a second guy with a shop vac nozzle right next to the drill bit.

The more civilised way is to "just" remove the manifold and go from there.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 20wrx02
    you got to give the guy a break, not all people are tech savy as you, i say if you have the money to spend then get it installed professionally. But if you are tight on cash definitally do it yourself. This forum has tons
    Exactly. It all comes down to how much the owner's time is worth per hour vs. the install charge per hour. If stuff is fun and you've got the time and can afford to use the time for that vs. using it to generate more money go ahead.

I dream that one day my time won't be worth a 15 minute oil change, and that I and everyone else in the world will be able to afford grocery shopping at gas stations (read: $5 per gallon milk etc.). Now that's money.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.