Car remote starter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Car remote starter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want to put a remote starter on my Wrx but not sure what make to put and is it ...

Car remote starter

i want to put a remote starter on my Wrx but not sure what make to put and is it possible in the first place to do since the car is manual? any thoughts please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would imagine that you could have it done. You would have to have the clutch switch kept on somehow (you know you have to press in the clutch before you start the car, there is a switch that is triggered once it is fully depressed--take a look under your dash and press in the pedal, you should see how the pedal moves and what it contacts) and make sure that you always had your car in neutral (I can't imagine that it would be very funny to put your car thru the garage cause you wanted to remote start). Other than that It should be possible. But I could be wrong.

thats a really good point, i am sure that will have to do something about the clutsh swiitsh but also when looking around all of the company's including the dealership said that you can not put it on a manual car !!!

I have a remote start feature on my car as part of the viper alarm. I'm not sure which wire it is, but I can check this afternoon if the weather is decent (I'll need to take apart the dash).

Basically, what you have to do is complete the circuit. When you press the clutch, you turn on a light switch. Complete that loop and voila! Also, there should be a little toggle switch so that you can turn on and off your remote start feature so whenever you leave you car in gear, turn off the switch. If you have a turbo timer, that will help you remember as well.

Hopefully I can post some pics or something later.

~jim

how about if i have the upgraded security from subaru? can i still add an remote start and still use my wrx remote?
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

i have the unpgraded system too, that would be really nice if can add a starter too ! well the dealship refused to instal a starter in my car becasue the my subbie is manual !

Im sure you wont find many places that will install it. As most shops dint wanna be held accountable for any injury or death b/c you left it in gear.
    - Local Riceist

AVI in MA is a pretty crazy shop. They also have the perfect formula for subaru remote start. They found a sensor to determine if the car is in gear or not. Beyond that feature they also wired it so it wouldn't start if the hood was open and it dies if you press the brake, or drop the ebrake.

All with my Viper alarm system.

-J
    Couple of mods here and there.
    <--- My other passion.

Quote Originally Posted by faylix
    they also wired it so it wouldn't start if the hood was open
    Not hooking the hood pin up was grounds for termination when I worked for soundtrack, as far as I know there are wires that indicate if gears 1-3 are engaged on the newer Suby's
    Last edited by ScoobVee; 06-01-2005 at 10:19 PM.
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by faylix
    AVI in MA is a pretty crazy shop. They also have the perfect formula for subaru remote start. They found a sensor to determine if the car is in gear or not. Beyond that feature they also wired it so it wouldn't start if the hood was open and it dies if you press the brake, or drop the ebrake.

All with my Viper alarm system.

-J
    i live just outside of MA where is that shop located please?

12 Hawthorn street in Newton MA. Phone number is 6179281188. Just tell em Jeff Sent you.

-J
    Couple of mods here and there.
    <--- My other passion.

i'll jump in here on this yes you can put a remote system on any car. most places won't because they don't want to take the blame when you put your car though a wall. i used to work for best buy installing audio, alarms, and what not. when it comes to installing on a manual you have to bypass the clutch. if you guys want i can post up direct wire here for you guys even help you guys install them over them internet. for 5 years i did install and i can tell you WRX and the STI are the easiest car i have ever done. i have the compustar on mine. and if anyone is looking for one i get them cheap.

Im in the market for an security system as well (with remote start)...would u consider compustar better than viper? if so, which model would you recommend?
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

viper is owned by DEI so it has a lifetime protection as long as its installed by an qualifed person. but i have had the 4.5 martix, the new viper, and compustar. and i love the features of the compustar.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzshabbaz
    Im in the market for an security system as well (with remote start)...would u consider compustar better than viper? if so, which model would you recommend?
    the 2WSS-AS (alarm with remote start) is nice but has the smallest of all screens but has the longest range. the downfalls to it you get one remote, no windsheild paging light, no 2nd car mode. and of course the small screen. as for the 2W900FM-AS (alarm with remote start) is the best of all worlds. large screen, 2nd car mode, windsheild paging, good range the same as the viper, and two remotes (one is two-way and the other is one-way). If you decide to go with a compustar i get them cheap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.