Car remote starter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Car remote starter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know nothing about security/remote starters. I am looking for just a remote starter, i dont have the OEM security ...

I know nothing about security/remote starters. I am looking for just a remote starter, i dont have the OEM security system. Any ideas on a good/cheap system that i can use to turn my car on with a key fob. I dont mind using another fob other than the OEM one. Any suggestions please
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the compustar in my 03. The remote start wont activate unless you stop the car, leave it in neutral, put on the handbrake, turn off the car (it will stay running), exit the car, hit the lock button. At that point the remote starter will work. It also has windshield pageing and is good upto about 1 mile from car (never tested any real distance). Works great.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

this guy that my friend knows told me he can put it in my car for $400. the only thing he said was that he would not give me the papers, because he doesn't want anything leading back to him at all. it just covers his but, thats all. i just don't know if that sounds like a good deal or not cuz my friend got his car for $200 but then again it's an F-150 2004

had my car done for $280

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCamel
    had my car done for $280
    manual or auto? i have MANUAL thats why it's a bizzatch
    Last edited by ch1nkv3nz; 10-12-2005 at 07:25 PM.

maunal

So this thread is kinda dead and I am kinda reviving it but... I have the upgraded security system on 02 wrx manual. I was wondering if there was a remote start that used the factory security system as I only want to carry one remote. I can do the install on the manual transmission as well, so no big deal there. Just looking for suggestions

of my understanding is that you cant have both with one remote becuase thats what i ran through when fitted mine !

So what you are saying is that if I want them both on the same remote I will have to replace the alarm system? That sucks. I guess I might get a turbo timer to warm the car up on those icey cold winter mornings.

i know had to get rid of mine not much choice there. the remote starter i got has a turbo timer in it too. stays one for 1 min after turn off

some remote car starters have a way to program it if you want it to turn on at a certain time just not sure which one. my friend has a 01 celica and he has it on his

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.