Best Buy Car Audio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best Buy Car Audio within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone purchased and had Best Buy install any of their car audio stuff? Im looking for an Mp3 head ...

Best Buy Car Audio

Has anyone purchased and had Best Buy install any of their car audio stuff? Im looking for an Mp3 head unit, amp, subs, speakers.. The whole combo, but I don't want anything ridiculous so it makes it sound like my trunk lid is gonna blow off. I mostly listen to rock music anyways, so having a tremendous amount of bass doesnt matter to me I just want something that sounds good. Wondering if anyone knows if the Rockford Fosgate punch series is any good? How are their prices? I am just curious, we have alot of car audio shops in my town but they all always wanna set me up with some competition level crap and im not looking to spend $2,500..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I dont know too much about best buy installs but I beleive they sell alpine now which is a good brand that is not too expensive. I am not sure what your total price is but I would just walk in and try out some of their display stuff and see how much you are willing to spend on a certain peice. I think they also sell Pioneer which is a decent brand with compareable prices but I prefer Alpine. Oh and about the Rockfords I have a friend with 2 10s in his mustang convertable and it sounds pretty good. I would just recommend getting an alpine or pioneer deck, some alpine speakers (type R), and maybe a 10" alpine type R sub with like a mono 250 watt amp or so. All just my opinion but just listen and find out what you like.

cant really tell you about prices...but ive had good experience with best buy. If anything is wrong they always helped me out (warranty). They always have nice and clean installs too. But thats just my exp.w/them. dunno about other members.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

just went to circuit city today and bought 1 12' sony xplod with a Kicker 200X4 amp. I had 2 tens in my car but wanted to ditch it to gain space and save weight (plus subs were old) has a nice bass sound, i also listen to rock and punk music, whole setup cost me 360$ best buy is pretty much same as CC

as for headunits, i have gotten all of my head units and sent friends to www.hookedontronics.com they seem to have really good prices
    www.kiowapilots.com

When I had my subs in my last car I got em installed at Best Buy. They did bad job. They put the brackets for the amps on upside down so I got a about a mile down the road before the amp came loose. They made all the wires way too short (no slack at all) and they got a ton of mud in the car somehow. Maybe some best buys installs are better but thats just my experience.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

why not just do the stuff yourself? its easy as hell. especialyl for what youre talking about. then if something goes wrong, you know exactly where to look.

maybe im the minority but i dont like other people touching my ****. do the mods yourself, and theyre 100000009340323 times more enjoyable.

^^^^^ +1 I'd never let anyone isntall something on my WRX. With my last car i didn't care as much.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

half of the fun of my last car was doing eveyrthing myself, except painting my grille and installing the clutch (and i would have done the clutch, but didnt have access to a lift anymore).

if you do it yourself, say they charge you 200 bucks, thats money that could either be spent to buy better speakers than the ones you pick out, or ERZ up/down pipe, or on your way to springs, etc etc.

i put two turbo kits in my last car and tuned both myself. if i hadnt, id have been another 2-4k dollars EASY into the car. plus before that i had h/i/e, plus my stereo, etc etc. pay for someone to do that **** and the next thing you know youve spent all kinds of money but the car isnt that changed.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    half of the fun of my last car was doing eveyrthing myself, except painting my grille and installing the clutch (and i would have done the clutch, but didnt have access to a lift anymore).

if you do it yourself, say they charge you 200 bucks, thats money that could either be spent to buy better speakers than the ones you pick out, or ERZ up/down pipe, or on your way to springs, etc etc.

i put two turbo kits in my last car and tuned both myself. if i hadnt, id have been another 2-4k dollars EASY into the car. plus before that i had h/i/e, plus my stereo, etc etc. pay for someone to do that **** and the next thing you know youve spent all kinds of money but the car isnt that changed.
    Yeah that is true you can definitely save good money doing the installs yourself. I guess I will try it out myself, and if I can't do it then I will go to a shop for assistance. I will just search the forums on here and on nasioc and that will hopefully give me enough resources. I am just so freaked out when it comes to wiring that I am gonna screw something up. Only mods i've ever done to any of my cars was on my old Mustang I did the Intake and Short-Shifter which were both easy, but when it comes to wires and crap and electrical stuff im always a little more hesitant. Oh, and I tuned it using a DiabloSport predator but that was easy as hell too. Thanks for all the advice people and I guess I will just save some money and buy the stuff online and work on the installs myself. Anyone know any good boxes to fit in our trunks?

ill draw you a diagram tommorrow its really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    ill draw you a diagram tommorrow its really easy.
    Awesome man I really appreciate it

When I bought mine they did not have a radio harness for a WRX. Had to call around to find one.

I was wondering if they would have cutted and spliced if I let them install it when they said they had no Harness.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Let me know if you guys need help with Audio Equipment. I'm the S & I manager at the Woodland Hills Circuit City, and my installs are as good as they'll ever be. I used to run Sound Waves in Van Nuys, CA, a high end custom shop before the owners started to run it to the ground with their ebay store and piss off a lot of people in the process. I've done work for ESX motorsports and many members on this board. Anyways, if you guys have questions about products (even if CC doesn't carry it), or installs, let me know. Feel free to PM or post.

In regards to BB installs, I refuse to put down a place, even Sound Waves or any competitor at that. There are a lot of highly competent people and installers out there. Find a great installer, and stick with him/her. Realistically, the quality and features between units and most other product have become so close that the majority of people will never hear the difference if comparing apple to apple. Tuning and install are more important than the quality of the equipment you have. Case in point, I've made cars with Performance teknique amps and Powerbase speakers (entry level) sound better than cars with high end equipment like MB Quart, Focal, or Diamond Audio.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by KUJayHwkStyl
    Awesome man I really appreciate it
    im a complete moron and forgot about this thread (and to my dismay, didnt get an email notification ) remind me and ill draw you up the diagram and scan it. tonight i have to go to bed though...

i'm the mobile sup at a best buy in socal. the install quality will greatly depend on the bay you go to. i've worked on a lot of wrxs so i'm pretty familiar with them, the same can not be said about other bays. it really comes down to the installer. the new alpine type r subs sound great when powered by the 601 mono block.
    Eye am so re todd did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast