2005 Stereo Issues

This is a discussion on 2005 Stereo Issues within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought my WRX last week and yesterday while skipping from one cd to another the power on the ...

2005 Stereo Issues

I just bought my WRX last week and yesterday while skipping from one cd to another the power on the deck cut out. I scratched my head a bit, turned on the power again and told it to play disc 1, and after ten seconds or so, it turned off again. So I tried again to make it play any cd, and it wouldn't do anything except look for the cd and then turn off. So at that point I tried to eject all cds. The display said EJECT-ALL and flashed for a bit, but no cds came out. So at that point I brought it down to the Subie Dealer and told them about it and they said that they would have the deck changed out. I am just curious if anyone else has had this type of problem with a stock Subie deck. I believe that the stock deck is make by Panasonic, which is strange since my last Panasonic deck worked flawlessly. Go figure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    I just bought my WRX last week and yesterday while skipping from one cd to another the power on the deck cut out. I scratched my head a bit, turned on the power again and told it to play disc 1, and after ten seconds or so, it turned off again. So I tried again to make it play any cd, and it wouldn't do anything except look for the cd and then turn off. So at that point I tried to eject all cds. The display said EJECT-ALL and flashed for a bit, but no cds came out. So at that point I brought it down to the Subie Dealer and told them about it and they said that they would have the deck changed out. I am just curious if anyone else has had this type of problem with a stock Subie deck. I believe that the stock deck is make by Panasonic, which is strange since my last Panasonic deck worked flawlessly. Go figure.
    yep... I had the same problem on my 05. I just got it replaced last week.