what type of blank cds do you use?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what type of blank cds do you use? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am trying to burn CDs but the ones that I have do not work in my car. What type ...

what type of blank cds do you use?

I am trying to burn CDs but the ones that I have do not work in my car. What type of blank ones do you guys use or might there be a reason why the ones that I have do not work? I have Imation CD-R 700MB Cd's

Thanks
    Tim
    2002 Aspen White Impreza WRX.
    AEM Short Ram Intake, APEXi Turbo Timer, STI Strut Tower Bars F&R, Tien Springs , Tokico Premium Performance Shocks, Rota Torque 17x 8", Toyo Proxes, STI V1 Front Lip
    JDM STi Hoodscoop, Zerosports Carbon Fiber Risers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

imation 1x-52x 700mb/80min

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    imation 1x-52x 700mb/80min
    whatever 50-100 spindle I can get for $5 or less after rebates. they all pretty much work the same.

The DVD+DL's are a little trickier right now, but they all seem to suck equally.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

i use memorex black or memorex music........excellent results with either.
    ACD

Quote Originally Posted by accessdenied
    i use memorex black or memorex music........excellent results with either.
    ACD
    i use the same as well, no complaints
    www.kiowapilots.com

Yea I just use the memorex cds. Spindle of 100 for about $20 from ebay.

the "music" cds are a joke

I think i'm using Maxell right now. They're at home and I'm at work so not for sure.

Damn, I just remembered when cd-rs first came out it was like $20 bucks for a box of 5-10.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    the "music" cds are a joke

yea, just another marketing scheme to get gullible buyers to spend more money.

i use maxell, got 50 for 7 bucks
    " I'm a bad man"

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    yea, just another marketing scheme to get gullible buyers to spend more money.
    it works too, obviously

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    It's probably not the CD's you're using that are causing you grief. Try different burning methods. there should be an option in your burning software to burn a CD either "Disc-at-once" or "Track-at-once". try the opposite to what it's set at and see if that helps.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

If you're burning music and you want to accessible with CD players...especially cheaper ones that don't read MP3's you have to use Disc-at-Once (DAO) mode or Disc-at-Once96, and make sure you select the option to "finalize the disc". You have to write all the music to it in ONE shot. You can't do it a track at a time or add stuff later. just copy all the track to your HD, make your "compilation" in your program, and then burn the whole disc. I'd suggest using Nero Burning Rom.

Nero = Teh win.

best recording software out there.

By the way - music CD's are no joke. If you buy a standalone CD writer...like a consumer-level CD writer for your stereo, they ONLY use music CDs. The idea behind them is you can write music to a Music CD, but you can't copy music FROM a Music CD. It was the record industry's attempt at cutting down on piracy that would undoubtedly be encouraged by consumer-level CD recorders that can simply copy a CD to another blank one with no quality loss. CD-R drives will also write to a music CD, but I'm not sure if you can copy music from one or if it was only standalone music CD-R drives that couldn't copy Music CD's....but there IS a point to them....not a very good one maybe but they're not just a gimick. Quality is exactly the same, they just already have something written to them to prevent re-copying. Strangely enough, consumer-level standalone CD recorders never really caught on....hmmmm
    Last edited by blarg; 06-01-2005 at 10:36 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I buy GQ "Great Quality" (Fry's Brand) to give away to friends and I use TDK or Memorex for myself

btw they just had a sale.. 100 pack cd-r's for $12.00. gotta love fry's.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.