A-Pillar help please...

This is a discussion on A-Pillar help please... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay..just got my Lo-Tek dual gauge a-pillar (thanks,TSX!!) after searching for about an hour, I still haven't found exactly what ...

I Support ClubWRX

A-Pillar help please...

Okay..just got my Lo-Tek dual gauge a-pillar (thanks,TSX!!) after searching for about an hour, I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. The install looks pretty straightforward, remove the stocker, drill a couple of holes, mount the gauges and away you go- no biggie- but what I'm wondering is how to remove the stock a-pillar without ruining it. Can anybody please help me w/this? TIA
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Man up, and give it a good tug. It's held in by clips. make sure to use gloves as the edges are sharp, and you don't want blood and dirt on your roof liner. Don' worry if it breaks, you'll be covering it anyway and never re-use it afterwards either as it'll be full of holes.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    Man up, and give it a good tug. It's held in by clips. make sure to use gloves as the edges are sharp, and you don't want blood and dirt on your roof liner. Don' worry if it breaks, you'll be covering it anyway and never re-use it afterwards either as it'll be full of holes.
    I don't get the part about covering it and it being full of holes....
    From what I can tell, the pillar I have is a replacement pillar, the install instructions don't mention anything about re-using the original pillar - they just state that I need to align the new one and drill into the sheetmetal, and use the sheet metal screws provided to secure it. The new pillar is pretty thick and I'm not sure if both would be able to occupy the same area. That's why I was wondering about taking out the stock pillar, in case I can re-use it again,say to revert back to stock.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright, I finally broke down and de-vir***ized my blue baby. It wasn't too bad, it came off fairly easily and in one piece, so I'm happy
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts