Dash Lights

This is a discussion on Dash Lights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone ... I got a question about dash and hvac lighting ... I want to change all my dash ...

Dash Lights

Hey everyone ...

I got a question about dash and hvac lighting ...

I want to change all my dash lights and hvac to blue ...

but for now I'm staring with the fog and curise switchs ... I've already scraped off all the greenish color from the back so I'm good to go there ...

I've been reading about "bulb condoms" but I'm not sure which to get ...

This is the bulb from the fog light switch ...

Any help is greatly appreciated ...

thanks alot

- Steven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Do a search. There are a few guys on this forum who went absolutely balistic with their interior lights changing even the one in the radio. They are braver than I.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

good luck w/ blue. you may need to go LED if you want that. people havent had much success w/ blue bulb covers, because the visible light actually comes out more whiteish to the human eye. (think about headlight bulbs, how blue the glass is, yet they usually come out super white) its not quite as extreme w/ bulb covers, but has kind of the same effect. if you have the factory boost gauge, that actually has a blue cover on the bulb, but the backlight comes out white.

i did red on mine (gauge cluster, radio, hvac, boost gauge) only thing i havent done is the foglight/cruise buttons, but red looks VERY nice

Here's my tutorial, there is also one over on Nasioc where the guy used strips of sandpaper to take off the film which may be easier. First off, you can FUBAR your gauges so be warned. As for the bulb condoms, go to www.partsexpress.com and get a bag of each size (.12" and .2"). Good luck, I hope you have patience.

tutorial...
    Tutorial on changing instrument panel color.

bulb covers...
    http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....up_ID=288&SO=2

Go to parts express.com in search box type in lamp covers you''ll need .12mm lamp covers of that its pretty cheep so buy 2 bags so you can do other mods as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blazin sti
    Go to parts express.com in search box type in lamp covers you''ll need .12mm lamp covers of that its pretty cheep so buy 2 bags so you can do other mods as well.
    Weird I could have sworn I just said that.

I just keep it nice and simple