Radio presets erased after service
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Radio presets erased after service within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I took my 02 WRX wagon to a garage to get a new clutch installed. When I brought it home, ...

Radio presets erased after service

I took my 02 WRX wagon to a garage to get a new clutch installed. When I brought it home, I noticed that the radio presets were all erased. This seems sort of sketchy to me. I have the stock six-disc Subaru stereo-- and they definitely didn't do a swircheroo on me since the radio still has the same coffee stain it always had! I'm just curious what they could have done to trigger some sort of "hard reset."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbaustin
    I took my 02 WRX wagon to a garage to get a new clutch installed. When I brought it home, I noticed that the radio presets were all erased. This seems sort of sketchy to me. I have the stock six-disc Subaru stereo-- and they definitely didn't do a swircheroo on me since the radio still has the same coffee stain it always had! I'm just curious what they could have done to trigger some sort of "hard reset."
    They did the right thing.... they unhooked the battery when they worked on the car Just reset the stations you whiner!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

because they disconnected your battery.

got it , I just figured that the radio had some sort of internal flash memory that would remember presets even if power was disconnected-- my clock didn't revert back to 12:00 so I thought the same would go for the radio.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would be nice if the presets didn't disappear. I have yet to own a radio (factory or aftermarket) that didn't reset the stations when disconnected from a power source
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

hmm... well if the clock didn't reset then they wouldn't have disconnected the battery... or they just reset the clock for you (more likely).
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

got it , I just figured that the radio had some sort of internal flash memory that would remember presets even if power was disconnected-- my clock didn't revert back to 12:00 so I thought the same would go for the radio.

....internal flash memory....you're so funny

they probaby reset your clock for you
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Seems like it does take a bit longer for the radio to reset than the ECU though. Last time I disconnected the battery and pressed the brake pedal, the trip meter reset back to 0, but my stations remained programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    Seems like it does take a bit longer for the radio to reset than the ECU though. Last time I disconnected the battery and pressed the brake pedal, the trip meter reset back to 0, but my stations remained programmed.

there's probably a capacitor in there somewhere. takes a while to discharge if its only drawing enough power to maintain the presets.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.