52mm Gauges A-Pillar?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 52mm Gauges A-Pillar? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do any of you guys know if they make a Gauge Mount to fit 3 52mm gauges in the A-Pillar? ...

52mm Gauges A-Pillar?

Do any of you guys know if they make a Gauge Mount to fit 3 52mm gauges in the A-Pillar? I have an 05 Rex and don't really want to lose my clock, but I will if I have to. I like the larger 60mm gauges, but I realize that it seems you can't find an a-pillar mount to fit 3 of those. anyone know any?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good stuff man thanks!

Ihave a 52mm dual a-pillar gauge pod for CHEAP.

do you have a pic I can see? Also, how much?

They're grey.. color matched to the interior. Bought from gaugepods.com (Lotek)... no pics but it's in MINT condition. Cheap at $35 shipped.

http://www.gaugepods.com/subaru.html

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousDX
    They're grey.. color matched to the interior. Bought from gaugepods.com (Lotek)... no pics but it's in MINT condition. Cheap at $35 shipped.

http://www.gaugepods.com/subaru.html
    PM me

I got one on Ebay, painted for $35. I think its an Autometer. works great.

just search for "WRX trippple gauge" on ebay and you'll find them.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

i think i'll be installing gauges at some point... and 52mm seems idea. 60 is too big.. how much do the 52mm gauges protrude from the A pillar with the dual pods?
    Dave
    01 RS

only the bezel sticks out beyond the pod.
    go f*** yourself

i know that, i'll clarify.. how far does the pod stick out from the pillar?
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    i know that, i'll clarify.. how far does the pod stick out from the pillar?

its hard to say because they're diagonal, and round, but as near as I can measure the farthest point sticks out about 2.5"-2.75".
    go f*** yourself

thats not so bad. I don't want huge gauges or a massive 3 gauge pod sitting on my dash.. i want the least obtrusive and smallest gauges. (i've seen the Defi and HKS DIN pods, with 3 46mm gauges.. but i'm limited to the gauges that come with the set.. or spend even MORE to get the ones i want.. i think a twin 52mm A-pillar pod setup is will work great..
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    thats not so bad. I don't want huge gauges or a massive 3 gauge pod sitting on my dash.. i want the least obtrusive and smallest gauges. (i've seen the Defi and HKS DIN pods, with 3 46mm gauges.. but i'm limited to the gauges that come with the set.. or spend even MORE to get the ones i want.. i think a twin 52mm A-pillar pod setup is will work great..
    I'll post a picture of my 3-gauge if I can. I don't have it in my car yet so it might be another week. its really NOT very obtrusive. the Defi gauges are 60mm I think ...that would be a bit large. although for the center dash, I was thinking of getting 2 52mm gauges, and a 60mm in the middle...that would look kinda cool.

I got VDO gauges. I live near the bigest VDO distributor in the country...they do custom work too...they look very OEM, and not too bright or distracting.

the VDO EGT gauge is $102...it includes the gauge, sensor, wiring, and even the bung to weld to the pipe!...i've seen people spend like $350 on just the gauge!!!!

VDO gauges are fluid-filled for REAL heavy duty race applications.

I got 3 gauges from them with custom faces and lighting with senders for $140!
    Last edited by blarg; 05-24-2005 at 08:08 PM.
    go f*** yourself

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I made the mistake of buying a black one (a-Pillar pod). If I had to do it again, I'd get a color matched one or paint it. I'll post pics tomorrow when the sun's out.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.