audio experts have a few questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on audio experts have a few questions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im about to upgrade my 05' s stereo.... i want to keep the stock head unit and want it to ...

audio experts have a few questions

im about to upgrade my 05' s stereo.... i want to keep the stock head unit and want it to look as stock as possable. i plan a buying a 5channel amp. now heres the questions
    i bought pioneer 4 ways 6.5's for the front door and 5 1/4 for the rear door. from what i heard the stock tweeter in the front door uses a resistor to only recieve the highs. are the highs still gong into my 4 way speaker mounted lower in the door? can i throw a better tweeter in place of the stock tweeter with out any mods( hook it up to the stock wiring)?

on the rear doors i was thinking about leaving those speakers powered to the stock head unit and custom mounting a set of 4 way 6x9s in the rear buy the window and having those run off the aftermarket amp . so the set up will be front lower door speakers(6.5 4ways) and rear deck speakers(6x9 4 ways) powered buy the amp and the the stock tweeters and rear door speakers going off the head units power. dose this sound feasable?

i figure if i leave the factory wires to the speaker for the front door unhooked from the new speaker the tweeter will still get power and ill hook the new speaker directly to the amp. in theory i think it will all work thanks guys
    Last edited by I3oosted Scooby; 05-20-2005 at 06:56 PM.
    Stage 4 vf30 powered 2005 wrx gone

Now = 07 White TR with 377awhp 385awtq 20g sl2 precision tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by I3oosted Scooby
    im about to upgrade my 05' s stereo.... i want to keep the stock head unit and want it took look as stock as possable. i plan a buying a 5channel amp. now heres the questions
    i bought pioneer 4 ways 6.5's for the front door and 5 1/4 for the rear door. from what i heard the stock tweeter in the ront door uses a resistor to only recieve the highs. are the highs still gong into my 4 way speaker mounted lower in the door? can i throw a better tweeter in place of the stock tweeter with out any mods( hook it up to the stock wiring)?

on the rear doors i was thikning about leavign those speakers powered to the stock head unit and custom mounting a set of 4 way 6x9s in the rear buy the winow and having those run off the aftermarket amp . so the set up will be front lower door speakers(6.5 4ways) and rear deck speakers(6x9 4 ways) powered buy the amp and the the stock tweeters and rear door speakers going off the head units power. dose this sound feasable?

i figure if i leave the wires to the speaker for the front door unhooked from the new speaker the tweeter will still get power and ill hook the new speaker directly to the amp. in theory i think it will all work thanks guys
    first things first, you DONT want huge great speakers coming from the rear. that being said, ditch the extra set of 6x9s idea and keep the rear speakers powered to the deck. make sure you have some uber nice front speakers and semi-decnt rears off the deck.

you dont want to mess up your sound stage with another set of 6x9s...besides, this is just a regular car i assume.

i had a gorgeous set of Boston Acoustics components in my protege in the front...people thought i had a small sub if i turned up the base and they were clear as hell. but my rear were low grade BA NX67s powered off the deck.

i faded to the front and adjusted the sound stage on my alpine and it sounded phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    first things first, you DONT want huge great speakers coming from the rear. that being said, ditch the extra set of 6x9s idea and keep the rear speakers powered to the deck. make sure you have some uber nice front speakers and semi-decnt rears off the deck.

you dont want to mess up your sound stage with another set of 6x9s...besides, this is just a regular car i assume.

i had a gorgeous set of Boston Acoustics components in my protege in the front...people thought i had a small sub if i turned up the base and they were clear as hell. but my rear were low grade BA NX67s powered off the deck.

i faded to the front and adjusted the sound stage on my alpine and it sounded phenomenal.
    yea do that it will sound a lot better.other wise ur rear will overpower the front and it wont sound nice.

i was thinking of the same idea but putting 6 1/2 4 way. i have components at front and after market for rear but not loud enough !!!! " all speakers are amp too"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.