LED mod
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on LED mod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I finally got around to taking pics of this mod I did a month ago. I changed out my 3 ...

LED mod

I finally got around to taking pics of this mod I did a month ago. I changed out my 3 interior lights for LED's. I love the look it gives it, it's very suttle blue/white in the car now. All for the low low price of three easy installments of $4 .

Next up I need to run some wires so I can have LED's around the footwells for when the doors are open, not when they are closed.......that would be uber gay. Kinda a Euro touch to go along with my now all black/aluminum interior look.

I only have a few things left for the interior. 3 Defi BF amber gauges, Kenwood nav unit, dye the carpet black, finish with dynamat. Then I can move onto the engine and the steering rack etc.

Enjoy the pics.

PS - if you look at the pics you can see that my passenger window was left open. I was adjusting the pics when I realized this, I was very lucky since it was starting to rain slightly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _Z6U6083.jpg   _Z6U6089.jpg   _Z6U6091.jpg  
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

would you say the LED's are brighter than the stock lights?
    R.I.P. 2004 WRB WRX
    MODS

Looks pretty nice.
    autobahn storming scooby

Quote Originally Posted by kpxplaya415
    would you say the LED's are brighter than the stock lights?
    Not as bright, and not gay looking either

There not bad, the stock ones are just a lil bit lighter though.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

That honestly looks pretty good. I tried replacing the dome lights in my Stang with LEDs once but since the lights are so small and light angle so narrow, they looked ghey cause you could see the bulbs in there. So I ditched them.

If the WRX dome light's weren't as bright as HIDs, I'd probably attempt it again. But those stock ones are dam bright!
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

i made the middle light in my sti a red LED...isn't as bright as stock, but i like it enough
    and left the map lights normal so they can be useful
    FP Green STi

Do you just plug LED bulbs into the housing or wire everything up yourself? Looks good man...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by boosted scoob
    That honestly looks pretty good. I tried replacing the dome lights in my Stang with LEDs once but since the lights are so small and light angle so narrow, they looked ghey cause you could see the bulbs in there. So I ditched them.

If the WRX dome light's weren't as bright as HIDs, I'd probably attempt it again. But those stock ones are dam bright!
    heh....interior HID lighting mod....anyone? anyone?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

im sure if you went with a whiter led it would be brighter, but i admit the blue tint looks hot
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    OK Paris H.

All joking aside, that is pretty tight. way to go dude.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

LFM

where to buy LED online

Hey everyone

Not that new to here but just registered. Been looking as a guest for a while now. I am starting the process to mod my car this summer and wanted to say hi. I went all over town yesterday trying to find LED for my interior lights. No one has them for my car. Where can I get the blue ones for my 3 interior lights??? Online, as I live no where near most of you. Thanks

H4N
    nice, i like that... is it surpsoe to be white?

LFM, have you done a search for them? I saw this done awhile ago and i beleive there was a write-up on it, so search around and ill think youll find it, if not here then on NASIOC.
    My Mods w/ Pics

13.57 @ 100.9 mph

UCF Car Club

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.