Does Subie make a trunk (inside) cover?

This is a discussion on Does Subie make a trunk (inside) cover? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Before I Dynamatt my trunk I wanted to find out if anyone has ever found an interior trunk lid cover. ...

Does Subie make a trunk (inside) cover?

Before I Dynamatt my trunk I wanted to find out if anyone has ever found an interior trunk lid cover. Dynamatt looks awefull and I was hoping that there might be a solution to cover the Dynamatt on the lid with something that looked stock. Higher end cars have these one piece covers.

Or...Will I just be better off buying some insulation material at Home Depot that looks similar to the grey interior of the trunk and making one?
    Last edited by Just Be; 05-17-2005 at 05:52 PM.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used the carpeting that you cover custom subwoofer boxes to cover up the trunk lid on my old civic. You can find the carpet from crutchfield or probably any custom stereo store. I used the 3m spray adhesive to stick it on there, and then trimmed the edges and I looked pretty good to me.
    2004 WRBlue Impreza WRX

Let us know how this comes out and how much it cost. Id love to do this, one for when i install my sub, and two cus i keep cutting my hand when im putting in luggage.

i love starting a long trip w/ a bleeding finger.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

+1 I need to dynamat my trunk but that would be ugly I would like to know the anwer as well.

Although I do like the carpet idea I may try that. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-GT
    Good Link!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Burn
    Good Link!
    +1 I may do this. Nice find!

great find

I already started making mine. great site & Idea. I am trying to find what design to use if any. I may use my company logo. If anyone wants these I will be adding them to my site's http://www.duffmanaudio.com/ & http://www.sparetirebox.com/store/

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanaudio
    I already started making mine. great site & Idea. I am trying to find what design to use if any. I may use my company logo. If anyone wants these I will be adding them to my site's http://www.duffmanaudio.com/ & http://www.sparetirebox.com/store/
    Couldn't find it on your site.
    What's the price for an '05 WRX trunk lid cover?
    Thanks!
    Scott
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

im starting development of these currently, if anyone wants one, ill give special pricing to clubwrx members. please contact me at usethemind@hotmail.com or PM me and ill shoot you details.
    i really just dont know which one to buy i know the td04 spools fast but a lil less whp than the GT40R... Hmmm i really just don't know, I'm afarid the td04 will break my tranny so i think i'll just go with the 40r.