Which TV Tuner should I go for?

This is a discussion on Which TV Tuner should I go for? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a Pioneer HU with LCD screen and I want to install a TV tuner... My local shop basically ...

Question Which TV Tuner should I go for?

I have a Pioneer HU with LCD screen and I want to install a TV tuner... My local shop basically has 2 choices for me to choose from:

1) Cheap brand $200 installed.
    2) Pioneer brand $385 installed.

The advantage that the Pioneer has is that its an add-on to my HU, so I can use the same remote control (the other brand has a separate remote), plus the reception is suppose to be better (less static)... however, it is $185 more expensive so I don't know which one I should do.

Does anyone have the Pioneer TV tuner or any other brand they could comment on? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have a pioneer avh-p7500dvd and it comes with a tv tuner and it's great my only issue is when i'm in the middle of nowhere it won't get any reception
    13.6 @98 bone stock slowly getting better
    13.5 @99 still bone stock saving for aps everything

Anyone else?

pioneer u always get waht u pay for. i think that u will have a hard tie getting any Tv w/ the off brand.

Quote Originally Posted by MisfitofMagic
    pioneer u always get waht u pay for. i think that u will have a hard tie getting any Tv w/ the off brand.
    Does that mean you get good quality coz Pioneer is good???

Quote Originally Posted by thsiaoo
    Does that mean you get good quality coz Pioneer is good???
    Pioneer is a lot better then off brand so in that case yes its better. if i where in ur place i would go or the Pioneer.
    best of luck.

i say if you are going to put anything in your car do it once so you wont have to do it again unless you want too. i say pionneer because you run into problems later with the cheap brand. pioneer is designed to work with other pioneer's the cheap brand says it works but it might not work that great