audiobahn amp assistance

This is a discussion on audiobahn amp assistance within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i installed a audiobahn amp and this is whats going on... after connecting the power and ground i went to ...

audiobahn amp assistance

i installed a audiobahn amp and this is whats going on...

after connecting the power and ground i went to plug in the remote-- it touched the amp dammit and made a small spark ( i had the radio on) -- all the fuses are fine and the radio remote is giving 12v along with batt 12v -- but the amp protection light is Red instead of Blue..

i checked the manual -- it says an amp short - speaker short -- or over heating..

If it was shorted out at least the fuses would have popped... any suggestions ?
    brand new amp go bye bye ? ? ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Worst case is that you shorted your amp. It kind of sounds like that since the fuses are intact. Don't take any chances. Try to return it for a new unit or RMA it through Audiobahn, if possible. When I install car audio, I always disconnect the battery, to avoid anything like that happening. Good luck.

always make sure that u have ur power unplugged when u are installing audio.
    just get a new one return or RMA depending on where u got it, then install it again jsut unplug the batt.
    good luck!

i have installed hundreads of systems. what u did is put a hot wire to the amp case the amps case is grounded. so it threw it into protect. u have to bring it back to them tell them it was like that or they wont replace it. u shorted out something in the board when u grounded it out