Game System in car?

This is a discussion on Game System in car? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone have their Xbox or PS2 in there car? I know that a bunch of guys have LCDs. I ...

Game System in car?

Does anyone have their Xbox or PS2 in there car? I know that a bunch of guys have LCDs. I tried to put my Xbox in my car but it doesn't fit under my seat.... so where ytou guys put your game systems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i plan on putting an xbox in my car too. i think im going to put it maybe in the trunk. with the wires coming out wherere you can bring the back arm rest. i dont know i havent really thought about it yet. but then again im doing a full audio upgrade so we will see what my installer can do with my car

Xbox will fit under the seat. Its very tight.. Gotta pull the seat all the way up and put in in through the back... then you can move the seat back. The front of the xbox has to be raised a little bit so the tray will slide out.. I had mine like that for awhile

I'll try again, but I was pretty sure it didn't fit, probally because I have Recaro seats in it and they had to make brackets, so theres 2 bars that cut across the under seat

In my last car I modded my Xbox preloaded all the games and installed it in the trunk with some wireless controllers. I also took out the power switch panel and extended the wires and mounted the switch in the car so I can turn power on. With a modded xbox, you can forget about needing to access the Xbox to change games, so thats the best route to go IMO as the Xbox is huge and not very install friendly space wise.

Dre

Yeah I have my xbox modded, but how do you turn it on? I heard that some controlers that have an on botton on them...

Quote Originally Posted by NewWRX
    Yeah I have my xbox modded, but how do you turn it on? I heard that some controlers that have an on botton on them...

There are a few DIY's that show you how to add a button that uses the wiring in the controller to give a signal but from what I recall that was only for a reset buutton to the tton and it basically broke a video signal which causes the xbox to do a warm reset but not a full power on/off. I could be mistaken but that's what I think it was for. Either way if you use a wireless controller you couldn't add a button to it as its wireless. That's why I decided to go with an extended power button. It's good bit of soldering but worth the time spent. I still have the switch and may just sell it if anyone's interested. I extended it to over 15ft so it will fit a run from the front of a car to the rear and it's plug n play. I can post pics later on.

Dre

post some pics so I can see