Help Please!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help Please!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a Defi Boost D-Gauge(mechanical) and everything works great except I have no idea where to connect the ...

Help Please!!

I just got a Defi Boost D-Gauge(mechanical) and everything works great except I have no idea where to connect the white and black wire for lighting. I have an 05 wrx so the console is completely different then the rest of the years...any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a noob when it comes to electric stuff so speak in lamens terms if you don't mind ...thanks in advance
    2013 WRX SWP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do you have an aftermarket deck? if not surely someone here has wiring schematics for this car...the black you could technically bolt to a metal portion of the frame and probably find a 12v at your fuse box...but really, depending where you have the gauge mounted, i found tapping behind the console for all my gauges worked the best.

There are like 30 wires bundled together behing the console, which one?? There aren't any labels, just colors....
    2013 WRX SWP

i suppose worst case you might be able to tap the cig lighter power wire and ground the ground the way i said or use the ground from the cig lighter.

otherwise im still searching for a wiring schematic for the stock headunit.

I appreciate your help, maybe I will just fasten a flashlight that points at the gauge so i can see it at night
    2013 WRX SWP

why not tap to the cig lighter? also, another easy solution (i dunno i havent taken the car apart yet really) might be the power and ground going to that clock in the center dash. i dont see there being much more than 1 or 2 wires to there so i dont see how that could be difficult either.

Yeah everyone says that should be the easiest place but I am having trouble finding those wires...
    2013 WRX SWP

this should help you...its the radio pin out..its based on you looking at the harness with the wires running into the dash

1 Violet Radio Illumination Light +
    2 Red/Yellow Right Front Door Tweeter/Speaker (+) (Brown/White at speaker)
    3 Brown/White Left Front Door Tweeter/Speaker (+) (Red/Yellow at speaker)
    4 Blue/Yellow Right Rear Door Speaker (+) (Blue/Yellow at speaker)
    5 White/Red Left Rear Door Speaker (+) (Blue/Yellow at speaker)
    6 Blue/Red Main Fuse Box, Fuse No. 2 (15A) (BATTERY - Continuous Power)
    7 Orange/White Radio Illumination Light (-)
    8 White/Black Right Front Door Tweeter/Speaker (-) (Green at speaker)
    9 Green Left Front Door Tweeter/Speaker (-) (White/Black at speaker)
    10 Yellow/Green Fuse & Relay Box, Fuse No. 9 (15A) (ACC - Switched Power)
    11 Black Chassis Ground
    12 Red/White Right Rear Door Speaker (-) (Red/White at speaker)
    13 Red/Black Left Rear Door Speaker (-) (Red/White at speaker)
    14 N/A Unused (Remote Turn On)

Pwn3d!

Oh, and I think the clock is the easiest place to tap for the lighting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.bmp  
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Thanks a bunch 05WRX0704, you are a life saver...The only matches I could tell for sure were the Violet and the Black, so I hooked it in and it worked...I appreciate it...
    2013 WRX SWP

any day of the week brother

Yeah so funny story, I guess when you said behind the radio, you meant behind the radio..I was looking behind the fan, temp dials oh well it works anyway minus the dimming...my boost is reading right at 12.5 psi. I am bone stock, isn't it supposed to be 13.5?? I am getting my AP tomorrow so I guess if it goes up to 13.5 then the gauge is just off by 1...
    2013 WRX SWP

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX
    Yeah so funny story, I guess when you said behind the radio, you meant behind the radio..I was looking behind the fan, temp dials oh well it works anyway minus the dimming...my boost is reading right at 12.5 psi. I am bone stock, isn't it supposed to be 13.5?? I am getting my AP tomorrow so I guess if it goes up to 13.5 then the gauge is just off by 1...
    i dont know enough about thhe wrxs yet, but the mazdaspeed proteges always are different as far as stock boost.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.