Amp Problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Amp Problems within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm having trouble with my amp. I installed it and ran all the cables so I know the cables are ...

Amp Problems

I'm having trouble with my amp. I installed it and ran all the cables so I know the cables are right. I tested the wires, the power has 12 volts, and the gound is grounded. When I turn on my radio, the remote wire reads 4.5 volts, and reads that at the amp. The amp never turns on, but when I test the power and ground, they read 5 volts I really don't know what that means at all, the power light on the amp never comes on. When I turn the radio off, the power and ground go back to 12 volts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Start simple and double check your fuses if you haven't already. Otherwise, depending on where you have your amp grounded, check to make sure you have a clean contact. Paint can cause you such issues.
    James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

i dont know if this will help, but i had a simliar problem...slightly though, prolly will only help to show you to check things you wouldnt expect. i couldnt get my amp to turn on. i rewired the entire car. i had checked my fuse, and it was PERFECT looking, bought new fuse, amp turned right on. couldnt explain it...bought the same exact fuse i had in there, same color everything...if i had dropped them on the floor i wouldnt know which was which.

double check that the remote wire is hooked into the remote wire on the head unit (blue with white stripe) and not the power antennae (solid blue). its an easy mistake.
    2000 2.5RS I <3 JDM IH8M

i would start by looking over ur contacts and then fuse's they are a ***** sometimes, then look at ur deck and/or amp if all else fails. u can have best buy test it for u if u need they do it for free.
    bust start w/ wire contacts and fuse's.
    best of luck.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.