Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes its good

49 51.58%
  • No, dont use Armor All it sucks

46 48.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Armor All? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Damn, I wish I would have posted this before I used it in my car. It actually wasnt armor all ...

Damn, I wish I would have posted this before I used it in my car. It actually wasnt armor all it was black magic pro shine protectant no water formula for vinyl, leather, rubber, and plastics. I super coated everything single peace of plastic and leather in the car. Took over an hour. Now Im afraid everything will dry out.
    Since I only did it once should I leave it at that (maybe will only dry out a little) or keep using it to prevent drying? And if I now need to keep using it how often?
    Thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I used El CHeapo Armor ALl for the 8 years I owned my Talon TSi and didn't experience any problems with stuff drying out or cracking over time. And I lived in South GA where 90 degree days happend after a cold front went through!

I am sure there are better products out there but I dont think this stuff will trash your car. I am going to continue using it until I run out and then switch to something like Meguire's.

The glossy Amour All causes your dash to be reflected on the inside of your windshield. Not cool at all.
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

Only use it for exterior plastic, wheels and tires (in between tire cleanings).
    It's a bit much for the interior. I use the Armorall cleaner on the interior plastic though.

Get the wipes, not the spray!
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Be
    Only use it for exterior plastic, wheels and tires (in between tire cleanings).
    It's a bit much for the interior. I use the Armorall cleaner on the interior plastic though.

Get the wipes, not the spray!
    Too late, already got the spray and overwhelmingly applied it to the entire interior, even the little plastic caps near the back window. Should I just leave it at that or maybe try to remove it with some alcohol or something else? Or should I keep applying it now to keep it hydrated?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperScooby
    Too late, already got the spray and overwhelmingly applied it to the entire interior, even the little plastic caps near the back window. Should I just leave it at that or maybe try to remove it with some alcohol or something else? Or should I keep applying it now to keep it hydrated?
    Just wipe the excess off with a dry towel. It will look and smell better in about a week.
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Maguire's is what I like to use. I think it smells better too
    James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

I am a new owner to the Subaru world but on all the other cars I have had I have never had a problem using armor all. However, I purchase the refill bottles and distilled water, mix it, and put it into my own spray bottle. Spray it on cloth, then wipe down whatever surfaces. That way I get the surfaces clean but don't get that greasy to the touch feeling or the blinding reflection off the windshield. I eyeball the mix somewhere around 30% armor all and 70% distilled water. Change it up to get the result you desire. You won't notice an immediate difference if you do not use distilled water, however the particulates left behind from non-distilled water (tap, bottled) will show over time.

Not a bad first post - I'll be around...

i wouldn't use it. first of all, its really shiny, in some cases the sun reflection will blind you. also, the crap evaporates and accumulates on your WINDSHIELD leaving a greasy film (ever wonder where that film comes from?).
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I haven't seen anything this specific applying to Subarus, but I know Dodge specifically states not to use Amor All on any plastic, vinyl, or rubber surfaces. They claim that the plasitcs already have the oils in them they need to resist cracking and other heat/sun damage. I'm not 100% on this, but I remember a Toyota owner's manual I had saying the same thing. That's my $.02

Armorall contains alcohol and will dry up the vinyl and plastic causing it to crack over time. Not good to use.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    i wouldn't use it. first of all, its really shiny, in some cases the sun reflection will blind you. also, the crap evaporates and accumulates on your WINDSHIELD leaving a greasy film (ever wonder where that film comes from?).
    very interesting... this explains why i got this film on the window in my Legend and never in the subie.... i love learning new things
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by boosted scoob
    Armorall contains alcohol and will dry up the vinyl and plastic causing it to crack over time. Not good to use.
    So what do you use? Does Maguires have alcohol in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Be
    So what do you use? Does Maguires have alcohol in it?
    +1 i use meguiars nxt on the interior.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I use Turtle Wax 2001 Super Protectant. It's a neon green bottel that is found at most parts stores.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.