Mechanical or Electrical?

This is a discussion on Mechanical or Electrical? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Which guages to get? I am inexperienced with guages, and am looking at a few autometer ones right now. So ...

Mechanical or Electrical?

Which guages to get? I am inexperienced with guages, and am looking at a few autometer ones right now. So which ones are more reliable and respond quicker? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nevermind. Electrical will probalby get annoying when driving. I am looking at the "silver" autometer gauges. The main thing im concerned with is the color l.e.d. it has at night
    My set up will include:
    Boost PSI
    EGT
    Volt
    Oil Pressure
    And either Air/Fuel or Oil Temp, which one do yall think is more important?

I Support ClubWRX
    You aren't really clear on what you want. Mechanical and electronic doesn't mean analog and digital display. Mechanical and electronic refer to the input of the guage. Electrical is faster and in cases of say oil pressure, is safer(if you plan to have an inside cockpit guage).

Analog and digital display is something different. You can have electronic analog and digital while mechanical is analog.

hmmmm