pioneer head unit with ipod adapter

This is a discussion on pioneer head unit with ipod adapter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed this combo the other day, and so far i'm way into it. the ipod charges while it ...

pioneer head unit with ipod adapter

i just installed this combo the other day, and so far i'm way into it. the ipod charges while it plays, sounds great, you control it from the head unit, and all the song/artist/album info is displayed on the screen. the only drawback is it's a bit slow sometimes when trying to find the song you want...

the head unit (DEH-P4700MP) was pretty cheap but at least sounds better than the stock stereo, and i hid the ipod adapter (CD-IB100) in the glovebox and ran the cable into the forester din pocket so everything is out of sight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice, I just updated my 930 to a 960, because I heard the ipod controller worked poorly with the older units. Get a protector for your ipod! I had mine in the under radio slot for like a second and it got scratched to crap! I ended getting a silicone cover and running the wire in the glove box.
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

hey man i did the same thing but i have the avh6600dvd but now i cant get the artist/song title to show up anywhere on my screen...any suggestions?

I really don't know about the dvd units, the one thing I can say is this, I've been installing stereos for almost ten years now, and when I got the adapter set-up I genuinely could not figure out how to use it properly until I read the instructions. You need to sit done with both your head unit manual and adpater manual and play with it. There are four basic groups of head units listed in the adapter manual, figure out which one is yours and go from there. There's also a tech line you can find on the pioneer website.
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

would the input the ipod adapter is connected to affect the inabililty to display the song title/artist. this is the only thing im unsatisfied with this unit but hopefully ill be able to figure it out.

I'm assuming that you are running this through the IP bus connection. It is possible to connect it to the wrong one(input instead of output or vice versa), but if you do it probably wouldn't work at all. That being said, one time I connected my xm tuner backwards and would get the station titling and information but no sound, so check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrey03
    would the input the ipod adapter is connected to affect the inabililty to display the song title/artist. this is the only thing im unsatisfied with this unit but hopefully ill be able to figure it out.
    just read the manual.. it tells you where and how to plug everything in, i think the unit was actually color coded too. also on mine i have to hit a button to make it scroll the song or artist title, again it's all in the manual so check that out or if you don't have one it can be downloaded from pioneer's site.

like chad said there are 4 groups of head units and each one functions differently so find the set of functions for your model and play with around. it just takes some getting used to.

yeah ive got it displayin the text for song or artist title, the whole 8 letters it allows, but ive read over a lot of stuff and here's the cons i have..
    -you cant search around for different songs without the first track being played
    -searchin for artists is terrible, verrryy slowwww hittin the button after each one
    -artist name or song title can be displayed but only the first 8 letters
    so pretty much the only good or easy thing to do is play already made playlists other than it being charged at the same time. im up in the air right about what i should do as ive already hooked up my xbox and the adapter itself. either unhook the xbox and do a rca cable to that or deal with it but we'll see cuz ive only had it for about a day....sorry if im talkin out my butt

that's a tough call, I don't think any units can support multiple external sources, maybe you could find a little box that can switch between two sets of rca's.

My ipods not that full yet, but I have about a days worth of music on one playlist, I usually leave it on random so it's like my own personal radio statio with only music I like, no commercials, and I can skip to the next song if I don't like this one.

well lookin into my options with keepin the xbox for sh*ts n giggles plus i like to have it because its like a psp in my car, i think my main thing with the ipod is gettin to a specific artist or song quickly which doesnt happen thru the interface adapter. im lookin into the pioneer cdrb10 which adds an extra set of rca plugs by plugging into the cd changer spot and just wire it up with the car adapter and hide the wires so ill just have one wire running to the ipod hopefully mounted right beside the screen. thanks for the feedback fellas. btw chad w, do you have the pioneer adapter?