Dynamatt and JBL speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dynamatt and JBL speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today I had JBL GTO 626 speakers put in the front doors. They sound fantastic. I would highly recommend them. ...

Dynamatt and JBL speakers

Today I had JBL GTO 626 speakers put in the front doors. They sound fantastic. I would highly recommend them. They are nice overall speakers. Plenty of highs,mids and lows.

I also had the front doors Dynamatted while they had the doors apart.
    The doors sound much more solid now when closing them. The road noise is also lessened up front. Now I hear the noise coming from the rear seats more than the front which is funny. Sounds like I have a window cracked back there compared to the front noise level. Next I'll change out the rear speakers and Dynamatt back there and the trunk as well.

My concern was that Dynamatt would add a lot of weight to the car. It weighs .48 lbs per sq. ft. Even if you Dynamatted the entire car it would only add 30 - 40 lbs. I'm just doing the doors and the trunk. That will add maybe 10-15 lbs.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did the rear speaker conversion to JBL's (GTO series) today.

The sound is so much better than the stock speakers.

I also had them Dynamatt the rear doors. Removes a little road noise while making the sound system sound better and the doors shut with a THUNK instead of sounding like a tin can.
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Nice. Dynamat makes your car sound amazing. If you're able to dynamat your car and alleviate all the extra rattling, your audio will sound phenomenal. I helped my friend dynomat his RSX a few months ago and unlike those cheap stereos that only sound good from the inside or the front of the car, his sounds sick all around. You're right. It does make the doors feel more solid and not very flimsy. If you want your audio to sound great w/o the rattling, dynamat is the only way to go. You can use some cheaper roofing tar like some people do, but say hello 2 a stinky car in the summer.

I have a '05 and don't have any rattles yet. Maybe it will prevent them now. Next I'll do the trunk.

You might get some rattle from the rear license plate. My friend just taped a piece of cardboard behind his and it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid-X
    You might get some rattle from the rear license plate. My friend just taped a piece of cardboard behind his and it went away.
    dynamat makes a license plate cover if u have that problem. or u can jsut not have one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.