Racing Harness hold down
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Racing Harness hold down within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have another thread on here about racing harnesses but I need to know where I can get a Racing ...

Question Racing Harness hold down

I have another thread on here about racing harnesses but I need to know where I can get a Racing Harness tie down. I know that doesn't describe it but what it is is a bar that goes down at the bottom of the driver and passanger seat. It bolts on to this and the harnesses attach on to this. If anyone knows what it is called then please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What you're looking for can't be called a racing harness tie down....and that's partly because what you want doesn't exist(at least in the racing/motorsport community). Many people who want the racing harness look or something try to attach the harnesses either to the seat itself or hook it somewhere near the floor...so that they can retain use of the rear seats.

This however is a dangerous in the event of a crash..even a light one. Harnesses should not be mounted more than 25 degrees from the horizontal...or rather, there should at least be a support bar guiding the harness at no more than 25 degrees.

Consider a harness bar. It'll retain your rear seats. Mounting at the rear lap belt mounts are something many others do as well. More often than not, this is also passed the 25deg boundary.

Sparco makes a bar for the wrx that bolts just behind the driver/passenger seats and is made to hold the racing seat belts. I think it is around 300-400$ range.

Eric

I just purchased a 4pt harness for my wgn. And it works great for soloing. It's a nice investment, although the on I wanted is on back order for a direct fit. I went with the rally 4.

http://www.soloracer.com/schroth.html

Later
    Brian
    Rev'n Seven Motorsports And Quad City Boxer Four
    02 WRX Wagon 13.6@99mph 1.90 60 foot

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.