'05 A/C won't turn on with with auto climate control

This is a discussion on '05 A/C won't turn on with with auto climate control within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been pretty happy with the auto climate control throughout the winter, but as things start to warm up, I'm ...

'05 A/C won't turn on with with auto climate control

I've been pretty happy with the auto climate control throughout the winter, but as things start to warm up, I'm having trouble. If the inside of the car is warm (say 75) and I have the temp set to 65, it blow at full blast at the coldest NON-A/C temp it can produce, but never really gets any colder. I can turn the A/C on and then things are ok until it gets too cold, and I have to turn it back on.

Is there a reason in Auto mode it doesn't turn the A/C on and off automatically? Anybody know of a fix for this?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive noticed this too in mine, say if u put it in auto at 65 it takes a lil while before it starts spewing the cold a/c on you. Maybe the climate control has doesnt let it push out any air warmer than 65? Thats what im beginning to think...i noticed this on with heat too. Pry just not used to climate control

I think that's just the way it's designed. I've only seen the AC only come on automatically if I use a defroster/defogger setting.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

yea i get the same thing in my car. just have to get used to it i guess.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

i think you need to turn the A/C to auto mode by holding down the A/C button for about 2 seconds. it should flash and then be setup so when the climate control is in the "AUTO" mode it will activate the A/C. the problem i find with this setup is that the AUTO almost always wants the A/C to be on.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

zab
    if you want to reverse the auto a/c feature, do you hold the button for two seconds again, until it flashes?

yeah, just hold it down again till it flashes. this also works to turn on/off the AUTO control for the RECIRC.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 68sprintb
    yeah, just hold it down again till it flashes. this also works to turn on/off the AUTO control for the RECIRC.

for teh auto recirc, is it on or off from teh factory?

i think they're both auto off from the factory, just my guess though
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 68sprintb
    i think they're both auto off from the factory, just my guess though
    I have noticed though in auto mode, when the temperture is reached, lets say 70, the recirculation mode will disable. I guess this is to ensure the set temperature can be maintained. I prefer recir mode anyway. The air cools faster. Without recir engaged, the inside air is cooled entering the cockpit. Besides, ever get caught behind a diesel car or truck without the recirc on?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.